Complaint Review: Midland Credit Management

• Submitted: Sat, August 08, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, August 08, 2009

• Reported By:New Haven Connecticut
Midland Credit Management
Midland Credit Management Inc.8875 Aero Drive Suite 200, San Diego,, California U.S.A.

Midland Credit Management MCM trying to collect from a a closed account San Diego, California

As of april 2006 I payed of over $7,000 of debts that were on my credit report. One of those bills was from LVNV Funding for a credit card from Bank of Marin .I paye it of in full. I was given a confirmation code and sent a validation of payment letter. The acount and case was closed as the card was payed off in full . LVNV is handled by resurgent.

I recieved my new report a few months ago June 2009 . I noticed a bill from MCM that was payed already through LVNV April 2006.

As of a month ago I get letters to my new address from MCM requesting payment for the very credit card bill I PAYED off alreay in 2006. I got in contact with resurgent and asked them why this was happening if this ws payed off and the account was closed. They claim they and LVNV did not sell or give the account to anyone. But here I am being charged. I rounded up all my information(bank statement, letter of validation etc etc) o poove it was paid, and sent it to Trans union to dispute this. They sent me a letter saying it is not legit, or enough proof (are you kidding me these were true documents) and MCM claims they have the records from LVNV and wont tell me how they got i. I told the creditor that this account was payed in full and cloied. Now hey send me a new bill with more added on.
Now Resurgent said they would send me a new letter of valudation to settle this but the have not. NOW...I have to call all 3 companies tomorrow and get this settled.

What do I do? I am not going to pay for a credit card I already payed off in 2006 and the account was closed right after it.

Divi
New Haven, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2009 09:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midland-Credit-Management/San-Diego-California-92123/Midland-Credit-Management-MCM-trying-to-collect-from-a-a-closed-account-San-Diego-Califor-477649. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midland Credit Management