Complaint Review: Midland Credit Management

• Submitted: Fri, June 26, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, June 26, 2009

• Reported By:New Haven Connecticut
Midland Credit Management
8875 AERO DR STE 200 , San Diego, California U.S.A.

Midland Credit Management Making me pay a debt that was paid off already San Diego California

I just recieved a bill from midland Credit Management today June 28th, 2009 for the amount of $1,795.47. I have no idea what this is for as I do not know them and they have not stated what the payment was for.

I checked my recent credit report and saw this on it. I looked at the original company that reported it. FACTORY COMPANY ACCOUNT it looked familar then I realized this.. was paid in Arpil of 2006.

I checked my previous credit reports dated back to April 18 , 2006. Which I paid for, by Consumer Credit Counseling services. I immediatly started to pay off my past debts that I saw on my credit report. One of them was in the mount of $1,48.54 for FACTORY COMPANY ACOUNT (credit card debt) the origal payment was $870.

At that time LVNV Funding was handling it. I paid it in full and recieved a payment confirmation number. I was told it would be taken off their files and I would recieve notive that it was paid. (I never did get a letter).

That day I paid over $6,470.84 in debt off from my credit report. I never recieved any notice from any other company that I owed them. After I paid them......

Now here it is 3 years later and I am recieving a notice from midland Credit Mangement that I have to not only pay what I paid before. But now I owe $1,795.47. WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS I PAID THIS IN 2006!!!!!

I AM APALLED and angry!!!

I do not owe them anything this credit card debt was paid April 18, 2006.
What do I do now?

Well, I gathered together all my recent and, 2006 credit reports, bank statements(the payment is on there ). and I am calling them tomorrow to straighten this out. On my recent credit report it says this was to be removed in 2010 . But it was not stated it was paid ,(and it was.)...

Now this company has bought the files from LVNV and is demanding payment from me for a payment I PAID ALREADY..

How is this posible and how does one stop this. What if other companies do this. Someone please guide me on this how can they do this?

Div
New Haven, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2009 12:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midland-Credit-Management/San-Diego-California-92123/Midland-Credit-Management-Making-me-pay-a-debt-that-was-paid-off-already-San-Diego-Califor-465113. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midland Credit Management