Complaint Review: Midland Credit Management

• Submitted: Thu, April 26, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, April 26, 2007

• Reported By:Beach Haven New Jersey
Midland Credit Management
P.O. Box 939019 San Diego, California U.S.A.

Midland Credit Management Bunch of Ripoff Artists, trying to collect debt that isn't mine FCNB!!! San Diego California

I saw an unknown item on my credit report. Not knowing who it was, I called to get information about my account. I gave them my social, my single and married name and yet they knew nothing of me.

I reported this to Experian who removed it from my report, I told them to either prove it or remove, it which they did.

About two months ago, I got a bill from this Midland Credit Management trying to collect for FCNB, I faxed the above info to them, only to have them write me and advise me that they were going to have Experian put the item back on my credit report as "disputed".

I just received another bill from these clowns. When I first saw this item, it was $476.00, it is now $574.29, but they're going to "give me a break of 10%" if I pay by 5/18. Aren't they swell??

I've sent a complaint to the Fair Trade Commission, (which anyone can do), The CA State Attorney Generals Office, The CA Consumer Affairs and all three credit reporting bureaus.

Hopefully they'll loose their license.

Beach Haven, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2007 10:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midland-Credit-Management/San-Diego-California-92193/Midland-Credit-Management-Bunch-of-Ripoff-Artists-trying-to-collect-debt-that-isnt-mine-245739. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midland Credit Management