Complaint Review: Midland Credit Management

• Submitted: Sat, August 23, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, August 25, 2008

• Reported By:Lakewood Colorado
Midland Credit Management
16 McLeland Road, Suite 101 St. Cloud, Minnesota U.S.A.

Midland Credit Management Trying to sue for a debt that was paid St. Cloud Minnesota

*Consumer Suggestion: FCNB

I had an account with FCNB, a Spiegel account. I paid the account through a collection agency in 2004. I made 3 payments that were automatically withdrawn from my checking account. Today I received a court summons for the same amount as my old FCNB account from Midlands Credit Management. I could not believe it - this account was paid in full!!

I am sending a certified letter demanding the name of the creditor and an itemized statement. I didn't keep my bank statements from when the auto withdrawals were done to pay the other collection agency so I don't have proof. I am not going to pay $935.00 again - this is wrong!!! How can they get away with this and why would the law firm that is representing them do this????? I am in disbelief but am going to fight it.

Notindebt
Lakewood, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2008 08:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midland-Credit-Management/St-Cloud-Minnesota-56303/Midland-Credit-Management-Trying-to-sue-for-a-debt-that-was-paid-St-Cloud-Minnesota-366233. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midland Credit Management

#1 Consumer Suggestion

FCNB

AUTHOR: Private Investigator - (U.S.A.)

You would be surprised how many times this happens. The only way to get out of it is to provide proof that you paid the debt. You can prolong actions by disputing the debt in writing via certified mail with a return receipt. There are other things that may be able to help you as well. The FDCPA (Fair Debt Collections Practices Act) requires a "debt validation" letter to be sent if you are disputing the validity of any debt. For more information, contact us at contactus@mibinvestigations.net