Theresa

• Reported By: Nathan — Nowhere Illinois United States of America
Midland Funding LLC
Los Angeles, California United States of America

Midland Funding LLC 40% discount Los Angeles, California

Midland Funding LLC purchased a Chase credit card account from Asset Acceptance and Fulton, Friedman, & Gullet after I sent a letter to A.A. and FF&G stating that I was terminating my relationship with them.  FF&G had informed my bank that would be using check nos. 4000-5000 at $100/month to pay for a $6000 debt, a charge off for this Chase CC.  That would have amounted to $100,000 which is a little over the $6000 they said I owed originally.

Two weeks after contacting A.A. and FF&G, I receive a letter (they called it a coupon) regarding the Chase account from Midland Funding LLC regarding a 40% decrease on this debt if I paid by August 26, 2012.  This is not an option I have.  On the phone, when I refused to either confirm or deny the last 4 digits of my SSN, the man said that he could not continue with the call.  Before he hung up on me, I said that I can pay $5/month starting in February, 2013.  He replied that he could not continue the call.

What little internet surfing I did researching Midland Funding, did not give me the impression that this LLC is to be trusted.  While their online reputation was not as bad as A.A. and FF&G, it certainly did not leave me wanting to cooperate or willing to believe that they would respect my rights or try to collect this debt using only legal means.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2012 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midland-Funding-LLC/Los-Angeles-California-90060/Midland-Funding-LLC-40-discount-Los-Angeles-California-914483. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midland Funding LLC