Complaint Review: Midland Mortgage Company

• Submitted: Thu, November 13, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, November 14, 2008

• Reported By:La Porte Texas
Midland Mortgage Company
P.O.Box 26648 Oklahoma City, Oklahoma U.S.A.
  • Phone: 405-4261299
  • Web:
  • Category: Employees

Midland Mortgage Company My home was damaged during hurricane Ike, and Midland mortgage refuses to endorse my insurance check so I can start my repairs. Oklahoma City Oklahoma

*Consumer Suggestion: What abuse?

I received my insurance check on the same day that my house was inspected, the check had my name and my mortgage company, they told me to mail it to them without endorsing it, I sent it to them with the paperwork they requested, I spent 25.00 on mail expences to expedite matters only to find out that know they want me to endorse the check and they want to dictate who and how the money is spent.

Does any body know if there is any legal protection we as consumers have to stop this abuse. I plan to refinance my home I dont beleive this company deserves all the interest they could get from my mortgage.

Pedro
La Porte, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2008 08:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midland-Mortgage-Company/Oklahoma-City-Oklahoma-73126/Midland-Mortgage-Company-My-home-was-damaged-during-hurricane-Ike-and-Midland-mortgage-re-391091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midland Mortgage Company

#1 Consumer Suggestion

What abuse?

AUTHOR: J G Shrugged - (U.S.A.)

They have every right to control the funds in this situation. They don't want to let you have the money, and be able to walk away and hand them the keys to a damaged house!

This is the way the process normally works with an insurance company. You let them know about the contractor who will do the repairs, and the insurance company will pay them directly after work is done, and probably a deposit up front as well.