Complaint Review: Midnight Velvet - Swiss Colony

• Submitted: Fri, February 06, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, February 20, 2009

• Reported By:albuquerque New Mexico
Midnight Velvet - Swiss Colony
Midnightvelvet.com Monroe, Wisconsin U.S.A.

Midnight Velvet - Swiss Colony Ther are liars!!!! Told me a refund on the way. Never got product or refund Monroe Wisconsin

*Author of original report: FINALLY!!!

*Author of original report: BBB has closed my case!!!

*Author of original report: As of 2/12/09 Still NO refund check!!

*Author of original report: Midnight Velvet are liars

*Author of original report: Midnight Velvet/Swiss Colony

June 2008, I sent a check for $147+ to Midnight Velvet for an outdoor fountain. I was told month after month after month that the item was on backorder. When I finally gave in I asked for a refund because it had been several months, Midnight Velvet had already cashed my check and told me in writing (I still have the letter) that a refund would be issued right away. I believe that was in November 2008. To this day, I still haven't received my refund or, needless to say, the fountain. I have complained to MV and the BBB about this. Nothing, no check, no product...nothing. Midnight Velvet/Swiss Colony are liars. Their so called "customer service" people are rude and downright nasty. Do not do business with them!! They're the absolute worst!!

Anonymous
albuquerque, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2009 12:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midnight-Velvet-Swiss-Colony/Monroe-Wisconsin/Midnight-Velvet-Swiss-Colony-Ther-are-liars-Told-me-a-refund-on-the-way-Never-got-p-421050. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midnight Velvet - Swiss Colony

FINALLY!!!

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

After much blood, sweat, tears and complaining, Midnight Velvet finally sent my refund check! I cannot stress enough....do NOT do business with anybody from The Swiss Colony, Midnight Velvet or who ever else is part of that rotten company.

BBB has closed my case!!!

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I just got word from the BBB that they have now closed my case and have marked it unresolved. They said Midnight Velvet has not responded to my third complaint and stands by their original statement (the check is in the mail!!). The BBB said I could pursue the case with mediation or arbitration. Yeah, right! Lose even more money!!!!! It would cost me double the money I've already lost!! Screwed again!! Can you help me???

As of 2/12/09 Still NO refund check!!

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I do not believe Midnight Velvet has any intention of giving me my refund and the Better Business Bureau has done very little to help. I realize $147 isn't a great amount of money, but it is the principal that I object to. I still have the written letter that Midnight Velvet wrote to me promising the refund, plus I talked to a rep at MV who assured me I would receive it. I will be more than happy to forward any info I can to you. Please Help!! You are my last hope!

Midnight Velvet are liars

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

As of February 10th, 2009, still no refund check. I really don't think I will ever see that refund.

Gillian

Midnight Velvet/Swiss Colony

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

As of today, February 9th, 2009, I still have not received the promised refund of $147. They are liars!! I am not giving up on this, I'm thoroughly disgusted with them and the BBB. Nothing has been done and I'm still out the $$ and the product. Basically, this has been going on since June, 2008. I don't think I will ever see the money.