Complaint Review: MidstatesInc,Prize America A.K.A Publishers Clearing House

• Submitted: Sat, October 11, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, October 11, 2008

• Reported By:92592 California
MidstatesInc,Prize America A.K.A Publishers Clearing House
1774 Wesley Avenue, Englewood, CO. 80110-letter Head P.O. Box 7660, Las Vegas, NV. 30003 Nationwide U.S.A.

MidstatesInc,Prize America A.K.A Publishers Clearing House I received an unmarked return envelope from Canada, inside envelope a check was addresed in my name and address for $4,850.00- Canada/ No City (stamped), ( Englewood, Colorado) Check, (Las Vegas, N.V ) Letterhead,(Littleton, Colorado) Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. 23-7/1020 Check #4969 Canada, Nevada, Colorado

I received an envelope from Canada; no return address- A check was addressed in my name and address for $4,850.00 from a Midstates Inc., Englewood, CO. and bank check is from a Wells fargo, N.A in Littleton, CO. 80121- I'm asked to keep this confidential for I have won a lottery known as the "Mega millions/PCH draw ( also known as "The Big Game"). I drew the lucky numbers 08-18-22-40-44. I also won the sum $75,000.00, and I have until the 30th to call 1-647-838-3043. I didn't reply).... I've been getting odd phone calls to pick up a package at U.P.S, but I need to call first this number 1-876-581-1546 to a Mr. Michael Bilban?? (of foreign descent and not too clear with words), asking me if I am born here, married, and a drivers license. I replied I am, rather than a yes due to voice over's and credit scams. He wanted me to pick up package of $2.5 million dollars, but needed to pay a 1% fee of the $2.5 million dollars. I told him this was a scam and told him I wasn't interested, and also U.P.S leaves packages at the door. He still calls me and now he's leaving messages on the recorder. In the background you hear his kids at play?? I don't know if the two numbers and scams are related- I almost fell into the $4,850.00 check with the $75,000.00, also in play... Until I started thinking and researching things for about a week now, (without jumping into things). What helped me to stop and think was taking a course at the local College on "Elder Abuse", which plugs into these scams. I want others to be aware. Low and behold, I've been made aware of this particular scam through the searching- "Rip off report- Identically I relate to another story-THANKS for saving my pocketbook and headache from the route of thieves- "Be Careful" Public- I truly mean that with sincerity......

Jeannette
92592, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2008 02:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MidstatesIncPrize-America-AKA-Publishers-Clearing-House/nationwide/MidstatesIncPrize-America-AKA-Publishers-Clearing-House-I-received-an-unmarked-return-e-1031886. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MidstatesInc,Prize America A.K.A Publishers Clearing House