Complaint Review: Midtown Tire

• Updated: Fri, July 13, 2012

• Reported By: JMC — Lawrenceville Georgia United States of America
Midtown Tire
4141 Sugarloaf Pkwy Lawrenceville, Georgia United States of America

Midtown Tire 4141 Sugarloaf Pkwy, Lawrenceville GA Goodyear a/c repair rip-off Lawrenceville, Georgia

*Author of original report: Refund Received Report Closed

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: A/C check

I pulled into the Goodyear-Midtown Tire on Sugarloaf Pkwy on July 7th because of an ad posted by this business that said $29.99 for a/c repair.  My car a/c had leaked freon a few days before.  This was my first visit ever.

I specifically told the customer service rep that I did not want to pay anything more than the advertised priced. This turned out to be deceptive advertising and a complete rip off.

After about 45 minutes, I was presented a bill of $65.70.  When I protested, the rep insisted that he explained the billing policy to the customer I met at the shop and assumed that I overheard the conversation.  Furthermore, the serviceman pulled up with the vehicle with all the windows up giving the impression that the a/c had been serviced.

After driving off, I noticed that in addition to the deceptive ad, nothing had been done. And $65.70 had been stolen from me. I have filed a complaint with BBB.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2012 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midtown-Tire/Lawrenceville-Georgia-30044/Midtown-Tire-4141-Sugarloaf-Pkwy-Lawrenceville-GA-Goodyear-ac-repair-rip-off-Lawrencevil-908046. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midtown Tire

Refund Received Report Closed

AUTHOR: JMC - (United States of America)

Midtown Tire refunded a portion of the bill.  The sign on the leaderboard has been changed to reflect the true cost of the a/c check for the next customer coming along.

I consider the dispute closed and I am prepared to leave it at that.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

A/C check

AUTHOR: Midtown Tire - (United States of America)

The a/c check was $29.99 as advertised, and the customer was advised that the freon was $29.00 for 1 pound of freon and with tax and shop supplies totaled $65.70. We advised the customer the compressor was leaking and was 1.5 lbs low on freon, and also advised that the engine and coolant lights were on and the brake pedal was going to the floor. Since it was not made absolutely clear that the check out also included freon at an additional $29.00 we are going to refund this to the customer so that his total will only be $29.99.