Complaint Review: Midway Chevrolet CRC Dept

• Submitted: Mon, October 10, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, October 24, 2005

• Reported By:tempe Arizona
Midway Chevrolet CRC Dept
2323 Bell Rd Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Midway Chevrolet CRC Dept encrypted to lie and maneuver you in anyway shape or form to buy! Ripoff Phoenix Arizona

*Consumer Suggestion: Solution

*Consumer Suggestion: There is a reason car dealers do this to you -

*Consumer Comment: All dealers use these tactics

*Consumer Comment: Mr. Abslutely aka Robb Azaren" is now in charge of the Credit Resource Department for Midway Chevrolet

*Consumer Comment: No limits in the auto industry! The below is GREAT reading for all would be car buyers.

I had called the hotline for specialty financing on Saturday the 10th September. I received a letter a week later stating that I was approved through a bank to obtain financing. I called the phone number on the letter and was advised that I had to make an appoinment, plus there were things I needed to bring in. I made the appt and advised what down payment I was working with. The scheduler said, "Seems like this should be no problem" for you! I received a call from the Manager John. He advised me to come and see him only. I lived at the time about 45min-1hr away depending on traffic. I asked if he could arrange for a shuttle van to come and get me or a lot attendant. He advised he could not! All the while I was reconfirming that I was approved and would be able to drive home. I was forced to take a taxi. I was explaining to the driver of what was going on...as a courtesy he said he'd stick around for a few. After I was there for approximately 1hr or so. They decided to let me test drive the car I wanted and advised that I wanted to purchase! When it came to finalizing the deal, or as John would put it "crunching the numbers" I had been there over 4hrs. I was tired, hungry, and feeling as if I had been put in a cubicle room and was being watched for my reactions. Finally John came to me and advised that it would take 1200.00-1500.00 down to get that particular car. Or with a 1000.00 down I could drive home another clunker! I advised him I spent money on a taxi to get there, had been patient for 4hrs while they played the, "Hurry up and wait" game. I explained that I was told this should be a very short and to the point sale. In and out very shortly! After I was told they couldn't obtain financing for that particular car for me. He wanted to show me what he could do. And I quote, "James with credit like yours you can't be pickey"! I advised him if he had be honest with me I wouldn't wasted his time. I was so tempted to purchase the other car out desperation. But I'm so glad God interveened and sent me walking....away far..far.. away from that place! I did call a few times to see if they still had the car and they did. I asked to speak with a John numerous times. He had someone playing gate keeper and she slipped up by speaking as if he was telling her word for word what to tell me.

James
tempe, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2005 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midway-Chevrolet-CRC-Dept/Phoenix-Arizona-85308/Midway-Chevrolet-CRC-Dept-encrypted-to-lie-and-maneuver-you-in-anyway-shape-or-form-to-buy-160179. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midway Chevrolet CRC Dept

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Solution

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

I buy alot of cars. Vehicles are probably the SECOND largest purchase most people make in their lives. Do your homework BEFORE you go to a car dealer. I enjoy getting on the internet and contacting them BEFORE you go to a dealer. Last truck I bought I contacted dealers from Austin to Laredo, about 250 miles apart and let them fight it out. Have financing lined up BEFORE you go to a dealer. You may or may not need it. On the truck, I got an extra $1000 worth of rebates through FMC then 20 days later, refinanced through my bank at 4% less at 3.9% with free GAP ins. and no truck payment for 90 days. When I bought the truck I got the lowest price offered by any of the dealer contacted on the internet then used their $500 internet coupon, then a commercial rebate, then the FMC rebate. Bought it 8 months ago and it was still much cheaper then that F & F crap and everything else they'd had since then. One final tip. When I walk into a dealer I give them ONE hour to complete the deal or I'm out of there.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

There is a reason car dealers do this to you -

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

the reason is that it WORKS!!! People do sit there and negotiate for 4, 5, 6 or more hours. They do fall for the bull**** stories of "I have to show it to the Manager". They even sit there and be held hostage because the dealer can't "find" the keys to their trade-in car.

Why do they do this? Because YOU LET THEM. I have purchased three new cars in the last 24 months.

When I was told "I have to run this past my manager", I asked "If I agree to pay full list price, would you need to run THAT past your manager?"

"No" was the reply.

"Then your manager has five minutes to either say yes or no. In 5 minutes and one second, I will not be here. The clock is ticking."

When a dealer pulled the old "we can't find your car of keys" bit I pulled out my cell phone and called my monther - but they thought I was callng the police. The conversation went "I want to report a stolen car...." and the keys and the car mysteriously materialized.

When I have spent an hour at a dealership and the salesman starts to try to confuse me with numbers, I walk out. Period - end of discussion, end of negotiations. When they call me to ask why, I tell them - "I will not spend more time haggling over the sale of a car than I did haggling over the sale of my house. What is your best offer?" Then I ask them to FAX it to me. If they won't - then I won't return. If they do, I have the offer in writing. If I go back to the dealership and they won't honor the offer, I leave.

Car dealerships spend a ton of money to get me to set foot on their lot. If they pull any crap on me, they just wasted all that money. I cannot believe the dealerships here in Tucson are any more reputable than the delaterships where you are - it's just that I won't put up with being treated like that. You shouldn't either.

AUTHOR: Marc - (U.S.A.)

"Running it by the manager" means he is going into the back room and having a coffee while you stew. The guy he brings out to talk to you is just another power saleman. The dealer knows you'll sign under enough pressure, their goal is not to let you leave without signing. I once went to a dealer with a math professor and tried to negotiate the price of a new Mazda. At the end of four hours, they had run the deal on the 15,000 dollar car at least a dozen ways, yet each time it ended up at over 30 grand to buy it. Good thing I wasn't alone or they'ed a had me as I can't do math that fast. You're lucky you escaped at all.

AUTHOR: Ryan - (U.S.A.)

Well it looks like " Mr. Abslutely aka Robb Azaren" is now in charge of the Credit Resource Department for Midway Chevrolet. It seems that he has gotten around the Phoenix area and has worked for many dealers over the past few years. Don't let the commercials fool you. High interest rates are the name of the game. The crap about putting you in the car you want is just that if you have poor credit.

His job is to increase traffic into the dealership and then his people will pound you into what ever they can get you approved on. Which most likely will be something that you don't want.

Once you are in the store you maybe there for hours on end and talk to many different people. Their hope is that they will wear you down and you will sign a contract.

Don't Be fooled!!!

AUTHOR: Stick - (U.S.A.)

James many car dealers do not care what ringer they run car buyers threw. Many car sales people are trained to get car buyers on the lot no matter what they have to tell consumers.

Do you or any body else in Rip Off Report land think that a car dealer would tell you the bad news over the phone? No way! No body would go to any car dealer.

My big hope is that the auto industry take a BIG 10-100. We all know that the big 3 can't kill their " you pay what we pay" program any time soon. They know that if they do sales will head to the toilet.

Trust me James if you have any speed bumps in your credit history and no money for a down payment, You have some big troubles in your future. When it comes to calling a car dealer and trying to get any commitment over the phone, FORGET!

Now I ask you to view the following Rip Off Reports below. I feel that they will be
VERY INFORMATIVE reading for you.

This one has great pictures and good reading.

www.badbusinessbureau.com/reports/ripoff38266.htm

This one is good reading has VERY NICE pictures also. Look what this kid had to do to get his $2000 down payment back. I love the photos! Shame they did not have their RED and BLUE lights on!

www.badbusinessbureau.com/reports/ripoff138219.htm

When is a new car a NEW CAR! Has Great pic's
www.badbusinessbureau.com/reports/ripoff135416.htm

Good reading.
www.badbusinessbureau.com/reports/ripoff45276.htm

This one should be called "The Power of a Picketer" Very cool picture!
www.badbusinessbureau.com/reports/ripoff5137.htm

This one has the best reading of all. I feel that there are NO LIMITS in the auto industry. Read this one and try to understand that the truck buyer was trained by the military to NEVER loose control of any environment in which he was in.

I had a long chat with the family of Brian Callan. This guy served our country in a proud way. I wonder why NO form of local media did a story on where this guy died! It seems that the media will be fast to do a cover story on the use of guns. Why no story on this! Maybe advertising money would be at stake!

www.badbusinessbureau.com/reports/ripoff36168.htm