Complaint Review: Midway Chevrolet, Phoenix Arizona

• Submitted: Fri, December 14, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, December 14, 2007

• Reported By:Anthem Arizona
Midway Chevrolet, Phoenix Arizona
2323 W. Bell Rd. Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Midway Chevrolet F&I Sneaky Tactics Phoenix Arizona

I recently purchase a used vehicle from Midway Chevrolet. After several visits we agreed on a price for the vehicle I chose. I was pretty happy about the deal I had made, then I went to the finance office!! I should have gotten a clue when the guy told me that they videotaped all the transactions for my protection. Well, it didn't work this time.

The fellow described several products that I could add to my contract, MPP extended service agreement for only $2375.00, a Gap protection policy for only $750.00, a desert protection package for $348.00 (the salesman said it was free, and they put it on the vehicle before I signed anything), and a tire protection package for $799.00. I told the fellow that I didn't want to add that much to the price and asked him what was his best price for the whole package. He answered "$359.00" I thought now that's a deal and proceeded to sign. When I looked closer at the contract it was for a payment of $359.00, about $40.00 a month more than I told them I wanted to pay. When I went back the next day I got grief from one of the Managers who told me that he would cancel the extended service and the gap policies, but that I was out of luck on everything else. I signed paperwork to cancel those two policies and submitted a letter to them telling them that I wanted to cancel everything else. A month later, no paperwork has been submitted to the companies carrying the policies, and Midway insists that it takes 6-8 weeks for them to process the cancellation.

I paid a down payment with my American Express, and called and disputed the charge. I will settle with them when I have checks for cancellation of all the things I asked to cancel and not before. Want a pleasant car buying experience?? Don't go to Midway Chevrolet in Phoenix!!

Anthem, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2007 10:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midway-Chevrolet-Phoenix-Arizona/Phoenix-Arizona-85023/Midway-Chevrolet-FI-Sneaky-Tactics-Phoenix-Arizona-291748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midway Chevrolet, Phoenix Arizona