Complaint Review: Midway Chevrolet - Phoenix

• Submitted: Tue, September 07, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, September 07, 2010

• Reported By: James — Tucson Arizona U.S.A.
Midway Chevrolet - Phoenix
2323 W Bell Road Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Midway Chevrolet - Phoenix Fraud, Deception, and no integrity Phoenix, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Great Work! You Beat Another Sleazy Car Dealer Deception!

I am an Iraq War Veteran and Police Officer.

I went to Midway Chevrolet in Phoenix to buy a new truck on 9/4/10. The sales team was fantastic and found me a great truck at a great price. When I was moved to the back to begin signing the forms and finance agreements, I was paired with a man named Brandon Goldstein. Brandon did his best to sell me Gap Insurance, extended warranties, and many other products, which I politely refused. Brandon kept pushing the issue and would not take no for an answer. I had to be a little more firm and kept saying 'no'. The finance terms I agreed to were 72 months at an agreed upon monthly payment. Despite my repeated declines, Brandon changed the terms of the contract without my consent from 72 months to 84 months and added Gap Insurance and an Extended Warranty, both of which I had fervently declined. He did this to make himself more money and figured I wouldn't notice because the monthly payment did not change (72 month to 84 month lowered the monthly payment but adding Gap and Warranty brought the monthly payment back up to the agreed upon price).

When I caught the change in the new paperwork, I confronted Brandon. He became nervous and defiant. I asked him to change the terms back which he would not do. I asked to speak to his manager. He left the room and came back with a man named Cory who claimed to be a manager. He listened to me for a few minutes and left the room. I went to check on what Cory was doing and he had ignored me and started helping another customer. I eventually raised my voice and got a real manager's attention who fixed the problem, printed new forms, and apologized.

Had I not caught Brandon's deception, it would have cost me thousands of more dollars in interest. This was fraudulent and dishonest. It ruined the entire buying experience and despite the fact that it was corrected eventually, I can't even enjoy my new truck because of how angry I am with the dealership.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2010 07:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midway-Chevrolet-Phoenix/Phoenix-Arizona-85023/Midway-Chevrolet-Phoenix-Fraud-Deception-and-no-integrity-Phoenix-Arizona-638302. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midway Chevrolet - Phoenix

Great Work! You Beat Another Sleazy Car Dealer Deception!

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

I am very proud of you!  You did exactly the right thing.  They expected you to do what the typical door mat does, simply cave in after they signed without reading the contract.

You've exposed a typical trick of the Sleazy American Car Business.  Now, tell everybody you know what these slimeballs tried to do.

Again, great work!!!