Complaint Review: Midway Chevrolet (Used Cars)

• Submitted: Sat, August 18, 2001
  • Updated: Sat, November 23, 2002

• Reported By:Phoenix AZ
Midway Chevrolet (Used Cars)
2203 W Bell Rd Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Midway Chevrolet Deceptive advertising Bad customer Treatment, I see I'm not the only victim

*0: More on Midaway on Rip-off Report below!!

Midway Chevrolet (Phoenix AZ) recently ran an ad touting "buy a used car, get a 2nd for $100". Not surprisingly, I guess, there were only 4 cars to choose from for the $100 ... one had been T-boned on the passenger side; none had been cleaned (candy wrappers, old potato chips on the floors and seats); none had radios or air conditioning; a few had odd wires hanging out from under the hood or dash; all sold on an "as is" basis. I was told "Well, what do you expect for $100?"

After spending all afternoon in the hot sun searching for 2 vehicles that I would consider driving (none of those $100 models would do it!) and explaining over and over again the terms under which I would purchase the vehicles (which, of course, I was assured were no problem for them to meet), I was finally told that with a very high down payment and monthly payments nearly triple what I wanted, they could sell me 1 of the 2 cars I selected. When I balked, the sales manager assured me that the terms I had originally stated - for both vehicles - were "not a problem".

After stalling me for another half an hour, I was totally stunned when, apparently to dismiss me, Midway's finance "guru" opened his door and yelled out loudly enough for everyone in the building to hear "Oh, lady, get realistic! You think WE would finance YOU???!" The sales manager laughed, flashed me a "peace sign" and walked away.

To say the least, it was a humiliating and totally unnecessary experience. I guess I should consider myself lucky after reading the other rip-off reports on this web site.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midway-Chevrolet-Used-Cars/Phoenix-Arizona/Midway-Chevrolet-Deceptive-advertising-Bad-customer-Treatment-I-see-Im-not-the-only-vict-6227. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midway Chevrolet (Used Cars)

#1 0

More on Midaway on Rip-off Report below!!

AUTHOR: - ()