Complaint Review: Midwest Center for Anxiety

• Updated: Fri, September 09, 2011

• Reported By: Ken — Gladstone Oregon United States of America
Midwest Center for Anxiety
7850 Ruffner Avenue Van Nuys, California United States of America

Midwest Center for Anxiety I signed up the free trial of the Midwest Center CD's for my daughter because she was going through a tough bout of depression. The TV info commercial makes it sound as though the center is just try Van Nuys, California

I ordered the "free" trial CD for Anxiety and Depression for my daughter.  The TV add made it sound as though these were caring individuals concerned about my mental health.  There was no mention on the ad about the actual cost of the "free" CD's and the box of vitamins they stuff inside the box.  Apprently you have 14 days to return the CD's or you get billed nearly $300.  They also include a box of vitamins which are definitely not free and again if you don't cancel the entire package within 14 days they will send you three more boxes of the vitiamins and charge your credit card $86.70.

I tried to contact the company within the first 14 days but gave up after being on hold for 30 minutes.  When I was finally successful at reaching a live person I was informed that my 14 days were up and they would not issue a return request.  They also informed me that the additional vitamins could not be returned and that I was being charged for them as well.  The person on the phone was rude and offered no alternative and would not transfer me to a supervisor.  It is shameful how these people are preying on people suffering from depression and mental heath problems.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2011 09:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midwest-Center-for-Anxiety/Van-Nuys-California-97406/Midwest-Center-for-Anxiety-I-signed-up-the-free-trial-of-the-Midwest-Center-CDs-for-my-d-774762. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midwest Center for Anxiety