Complaint Review: Midwest Center

• Updated: Mon, May 21, 2012

• Reported By: Lisa — Lancaster Pennsylvania United States of America
Midwest Center
7850 Ruffner Ave Dept 4000 Van Nuys, CA 91406 Internet United States of America

Midwest Center Attacking Anxiety and Depression will not refund my money after I returned the CD's , Internet

*General Comment: I may be able to help

*Author of original report: Did Not Wait Until The Last Minute To Return It!

*Consumer Comment: Trial Period

I sent away for a 14 day free trial of the CD's Attacking Anxiety and Depression from the Midwest Center. I had called and asked for a return authorization number on the 13th day and the lady named Karla on the other end gave me the run around from the moment I got on the phone with her.

The total of the CD's were 274.50 and I just recently had lost my job and knew I had know way to pay for them so I asked to send them back. She told me it was too late and it was day 14 and not 13. I then proceeded to tell her the date I received them (because I circled it on my calendar) and she still continued to argue that it was past the 14 day trial.
She then decided I didn't have to pay full price and could give it to me at a discount. I then repeated to her that I had no income and no way to pay for them. After disputing this for almost 20 minutes she told me finally what my return authorization number was.

I took the CD's to the post office and sent them with a confirmation of delivery receipt because after the conversation I had with her I could tell they were a shady outfit. The customer is not always right in their eyes. I tracked when the CD's were delivered back to them on May 5, 2011 and it is now June 8 and still no refund.

I called to talk to the billing department and this lady named Jasmine took my call and was one of the rudest people I have ever dealt with. She proceeded to tell me my account was closed and I wasn't getting a refund of 54.90 which I was owed. I then told her I have an RA# as proof I was given authorziation to send them back. That really made her mad. She then proceeded to tell me they have my conversation taped and that they can listen to it. I then told her go ahead it will prove that I have a return authorization number and she turned around and hung up on me.

Second time of having to take a Xanax after dealing with this company how ironic is that? Now I called back again and reported this lady (should be working in customer service) and another lady took my complaint. After waiting on hold for 20 minutes she got back to me and said somebody will be calling you about this situation and of course no phone call back.

I am going to contact my local Attorney General and file a report about this company. Their infomercials claim they can help you with anxiety but all they did was make mine 10 times worse. Now they have their CD's and won't give my money back. Stay far away from the Midwest Center, they prey on innocent people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2011 06:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midwest-Center/internet/Midwest-Center-Attacking-Anxiety-and-Depression-will-not-refund-my-money-after-I-returned-738558. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midwest Center

#1 General Comment

I may be able to help

AUTHOR: curtisray79 - (United States of America)

Sorry you are having issues the program. I almost ordered it myself, thank you for your review, saved me alot of extra stress. In the future I would suggest 1st check the internet for reviews, 2nd dont even give them your money to start with. All you have to do (as long as you have reliable internet access) download and install a bit torrent client, such as bitlord, then yeou go to torrentz.EU chances are you'll find what you are looking for there books on tape music even movies. Already checked they have attacking anxiety, I'm downloading it right now, thats how I got P90X and it IS 100% free nostrings no bs. Hope this was helpful, good luck.

Did Not Wait Until The Last Minute To Return It!

AUTHOR: Lisa - (United States of America)

The lady in customer service was raising her voice at me telling me not to send it back and that she could give me a big discount on it instead...for these CD's it highway robbery! I preceded to ask for the RA# ( for those who might not know what that is it's a number the vendor gives you to authorize a return and usually asks you to write it on the outside of the package).

After I received the RA# I was given nothing but grief when I explained my story to her, she was harsh and very pushy. It is not normal customer service. They are trained to make you believe you cannot live without the product. I told my doctor about this and she even said it sounded like a scam to be talked to the way I was.

I was within the 14 day period and still mailed them back with proof of delivery. They expect you to send them back and have them returned within the 14 days so please be aware of that. I paid 54.00 for CD's I returned and didn't get a darn thing out of it but more anxiety. I called my Attorney General and he asked that I send him the paperwork and they are going to look into it but in the mean time anyone who is thinking about getting this please save yourself the headache and the money and stay far away from this....it is the biggest ripoff out there!

Trial Period

AUTHOR: solitary - (USA)

You know when there is a 14 day trial, don't wait till the last minute to call! If it is 14 days it is 14 days!  Good grief you are the one that called and agreed to it.  I have used this program and it beats any medicine or therapist out there! Maybe you should have used the program and you wouldn't be so stressed about a few dollars.