Complaint Review: Midwest Credit Management Services

• Updated: Wed, February 27, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Minnesota United States of America
Midwest Credit Management Services
Edina, Minnesota United States of America

Midwest Credit Management Services Overcharges for foreclosure postponement Edina, Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Used Midwest Credit Management Services postponement service and stopped sheriff sale long enough to modify my loan

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Sheriff Sale Postponement

*Consumer Comment: Used Midwest Credit Management Services and they helped me out.

*Consumer Comment: Midwest Credit Management Solutions did a great job for me

I went to visit Midwest Credit Management Services looking for advice about my foreclosure. It didn't feel right from the start...the building is rundown and empty. I talked to Mark. He was really nice, and seemed to know what he was talking about. He told me that I had to file papers wiyh the county to postpone my sherrif sale and that it would cost me $650 to do so. That seemed expensive, so I checked around. No one else charged more than $300, and couple even told me that it would be a waste to file the papers at all. One mentioned that is Mark is also the guy behind Family First Home Solutions. I saw those reports on here, and figured that I should add my own.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2013 07:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midwest-Credit-Management-Services/Edina-Minnesota-55435/Midwest-Credit-Management-Services-Overcharges-for-foreclosure-postponement-Edina-Minnes-999646. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midwest Credit Management Services

AUTHOR: Karen B - (United States of America)

I used Midwest Credit Management Services to do a postponement.  I checked around as well to see what it would cost.  The only one I saw for $300 was a company that would only make the document.  You then had do all kinds of serving it to like 8 different places (like a register office, a sheriff, a bank, some lawyers and something else).

Honestly #1 I would have had no idea on how to do it... #2 you still have to pay even more money when you take it to the register place yourself (like another bunch in filing fees) and you have to know where and how to bring papers correctly to each place and in what order and #3 I didn't want this to get screwed up so I wanted a professional to do it.  I called my lawyer that I used for my divorce and she said it would cost $1800 dollars for her law firm to do it (and she was the cheapest divorce lawyer I could find).

She did say (and this was the opinion of a lawyer) that it was definitely worth doing a postponement so I could get my modification done.  I am not sure who in the world would have given the advice to the original poster not to do a postponement (except maybe a bank who wanted to steal their house).  So I had Midwest Credit Management do it, they did it all correctly for a total cost of 650 (that included the filing fees that the county needed as well).  I got my postponement and was able to use the time to get my modification done (it took the bank 2 more months to do the modification, so i would have lost my home at a sheriff sale if i didn't modify).

From the sounds of the original person posting and then the other responses, the original person sounds totally like someone who isn't looking to help anyone (especially with the advice not to do a postponement).  My guess is the person who posted works for a bank and was mad they couldn't take someones house.  The people at Midwest Credit Management did a good job and I thought the price was super fair for what I got (to keep my house).  I wrote this because I don't think they deserve to be on this site.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Sheriff Sale Postponement

AUTHOR: Thomas Warner Allen - (United States of America)

Dear Anonymous,  The validity of your comments are questionable at best.  First, there is no affiliation between Family First Home Solutions and Midwest Credit Management Services.  Secondly, MCMS offices in a newly renovated facility that has a high rate of occupancy.  Third, there are varying degrees of services provided when filing a postponement of a Sheriff Sale, so there are differences in the amount charged by different entities.

It appears that you have not actually visited Midwest Credit Management Services, so I would welcome a visit from you so that as the Managing Partner I may personally address your concerns.  My name is Thomas Warner Allen.

My firm enjoys a stellar reputation and affiliates only with the most professional firms and individuals in the Twin Cities.  I suspect that this is a bogus entry with some sort of vendetta by a former employee of Family First.

Used Midwest Credit Management Services and they helped me out.

AUTHOR: eatpoprock1 - (United States of America)

I had the EXACT OPPOSITE experience that this person had.

First of all, I went to their office and the building is having a remodel.  There is some really huge company who is moving in on the second floor and taking like the whole floor (I saw this when I went to go use the bathroom).  It isn't rundown or empty... I passed like 9 businesses in the hallway on my way to their office.  This person just seems like a competitor who is trying to make them look bad.

I used Midwest Credit Management Services to postpone my Sheriff Sale that Bank of America was doing on my house.  I felt the amount they charged was totally reasonable (seeing as my lawyer was charging $2,100 to do the same thing when I asked him about it).

During the time of the postponement, I was able to get my loan modified with Bank of America (which involved repeatedly sending bank of america the SAME information over and over again - I don't think one hand knows what the other hand is doing at that stupid bank).  My modification brought my loan current and lowered my payment to something I could actually afford.

I don't know what the other poster is all on about, that was probably some of the best money I ever spent - since they didn't feel they needed to pay for services, I am guessing they were in foreclosure because they felt they didn't need to pay for their house either.  I was in it not by choice, but because of being out of work for a time.  I hate entitlement attitudes!

Anyway, this is a good company so I felt they needed someone to stand up and defend them against people who apparently think everything should be free.  I saw this report on here and figured I should add my own.

Midwest Credit Management Solutions did a great job for me

AUTHOR: eatpoprock1 - (United States of America)

I had the EXACT OPPOSITE experience that this person had.

Anyway, this is a good company so I felt they needed someone to stand up and defend them against people who apparently think everything should be free.  I saw this report on here, and figured that I should add my own.