Complaint Review: Midwest National Life, Alliance For Affordable Services

• Submitted: Thu, October 02, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, November 28, 2008

• Reported By:Bradenton Florida
Midwest National Life, Alliance For Affordable Services
PO Box 650747 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Midwest National Life, Alliance For Affordable Services BEWARE!!! Major Rip-Off Dallas Texas

*Consumer Comment: not insurance?

This is NOT an Insurance Company! It's a major rip-off organization that has resulted in: losing my exemplary credit standing, leaving me holding the bag for several hundred thousand dollars in medical bills, and has left me un-insurable, oh yeah, I can no longer work either!!!! (Honors Student, by the way) I, a 45 yr old historically very healthy woman, suffered a brain aneurysm followed by a stroke. This company paid a pittance of the bills associated with my illness. They paid nothing on the helicopter ($13,000.00) required to send me to a major medical facility, none of the ambulance bill, and only a small portion of the hospital bills.

I have to caution everyone.... this company gets away with it! The STATE OF FLORIDA won't even acknowledge there's a problem unless something is related to hurricanes! A person can't even file a complaint.... just take a look a their website. What's interesting, sadly, is that this State Government is responsible for oversight of the insurance companies and agents, via STATE licensure. Unfortunately, this gives a false sense of security to the general public. It smacks of being "solely a money making" proposition for the State with no real regulatory powers. I'm not one who depends on the government for much of anything BUT they (State of Fl) holds themselves out to be for the citizens. YEAH RIGHT!!! Thanks for nothing!

Jeni
Bradenton, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2008 02:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midwest-National-Life-Alliance-For-Affordable-Services/Dallas-Texas-75265/Midwest-National-Life-Alliance-For-Affordable-Services-BEWARE-Major-Rip-Off-Dallas-Tex-377965. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midwest National Life, Alliance For Affordable Services

not insurance?

AUTHOR: Dot49 - (U.S.A.)

I think I was just scammed. I recently purchased "insurance" from Alliance for Affordable Services a couple of weeks ago. Now, after reading up on things I'm beginning to think that to get health insurance, I'll have to purchase that separately and pay even more fees per month in addition to the monthly fee to Alliance for Affordable Services. If true, I was lied to by the agent. I was told that I was buying a PPO insurance plan through them. I can't get definite answers or anything resolved now since they are closed for the holiday.

I'm beginning to think I just purchased a membership which allows me to get health insurance at discounted rates but that's not what I was told. This office is located on Oakland and I95 in ft lauderdale area so If anyone goes there, you are not buying health insurance but a membership which allows you to get insurance at lower rates. So the money you pay for any insurance is in addtion to the monthly membership fee.