Complaint Review: Midwest Savers

• Submitted: Tue, September 09, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, December 14, 2012

• Reported By:Harvey Illinois
Midwest Savers
8762 Lousiana Merrillville, Indiana U.S.A.

Midwest Savers Rip-off no saving deceptive practices NO CALLS RETURNED poor service Merrillville Indiana

*Consumer Comment: Ripped us off

*UPDATE Employee: You're stupid!!! there is no way it can be their fault!

I read a rip-off report on "National Savers" and I am thinking that Midwest Savers is a spin-off or new name for this Rip-off buyer club. Here's my story. In Nov, 2001, we received a mailing from Midwest Savers saying we had won 1 of 3 prizes and a key for a chance to win a new car.

We made our appointment and with 10-15 other families we tried our key in the car. None of the keys started the car. Now the sales pitch, which if we joined the club ($1699 membership and $100 yearly renewal) we would saved money on all our purchases. We were duped! Within a few months,I requested prices on several items from Midwest and the items were more expensive and included a handling charge. I found the items on the internet much cheaper on my own.

On May 10,2003, I gave them another try. I placed orders for merchandise that Midwest verify they could obtain for me. My credit card for immediately charged $991 for furniture (delivery 4-16weeks) and $222 for a steam presser(delivery 4-8 weeks). I called Midwest weekly to check the status of my orders and was given every excuse to make me wait until the entire 2-4 months.

AFTER 8 weeks, I cancelled the presser through my credit card company. Midwest never obtained the item and had no explanation. I contacted the furniture company directly and was told that my selection has been discontinued for how long? I don't know and neither did Midwest Savers until I told them.

However, they did nothing until after the entire 16 weeks, I finally got one of my numerous calls returned from the principal officer, Tom Linthurst, saying they were unable to get my order. I reported it to my credit card again because Midwest is fast in charging credit cards but slow in crediting accounts. WHy did I have to wait 4 months and incur finance charges on my credit card for this! His excuses had to do with internal problems with an employee he had to fired for not doing their jobs and returning calls to me. I said to Tom, Midwest Savers has not perform satisfactory the terms of our contract and I was firing him and I wanted my membership money returned.

Of course, he refused and did not want to work out a reasonable solution. Therefore, I on a campaign to expose the deceptive practices of this Company. Thanks for having a site to get the word out on these rip-off companies.

Pat
Harvey, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2003 10:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midwest-Savers/Merrillville-Indiana-46410/Midwest-Savers-Rip-off-no-saving-deceptive-practices-NO-CALLS-RETURNED-poor-service-Merril-66720. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midwest Savers

Ripped us off

AUTHOR: Midwest savers inc - (United States of America)

I was going through an old ourse of mine and found my Midwestsaversinc card and wondfered what ever happened to them and why after taking a loan out with them which was over 2,000 something with interest to join this club was never contacted about a renewal now i know why they were a straight up ripp off company and we are out money, a lesson learned big time to us never again i just wish there was a way to get our money back never bought nothing from them geeze.

You're stupid!!! there is no way it can be their fault!

AUTHOR: Corie - (U.S.A.)

If you ever read your contract it clearly states that Midwest Savers CAN NOT save you money on everything. And as for the delay on the product that you tried to purchase through the company there is no way it can be their fault. They are not the ones manufacturing your items. We wait just as long as any other store would its just that they keep items on stock so your gettin old stuff. There is no way for Midwest Savers to know about production dates, discontinuations, or shipping dates until they get in contact with them. It is because of people like you that I left that job in the first place and if anything I think the people that work there should be put in for sainthood because of you.