guided

• Submitted: Fri, January 13, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, January 13, 2012

• Reported By: Disabled Father — Atchison Kansas USA
Midwest Title Loans
603 S Belt Hwy, St Joseph, MO64507 St. Joseph Mo., Missouri United States of America

Midwest Title Loans Midwest Title Loans of St. Joe Missouri Midwest Title Loans of St. Joseph Repoed our car in the middle of winter in the middle of no wheres St. Joseph Mo., Missouri

*Consumer Comment: If they shut places like this down...

*Consumer Comment: What does being disabled have to do with this

*Consumer Comment: I'm sorry

Income tax time was coming and I was going to pay off this car title loan with Midwest Title Loans located in St. Joseph Missouri located at 603 south Belt Highway 64507. I have been Disabled since 2008 raising my 7 year old son by my self since his mother passed away when he was only 11 months old.Everytime I went in for another loan to make ends meet the staff always smiled and encouraged me to take out a bigger loan.

I dont know how the repo men at Midwest Title Loans found us in Falls City Nebraska visiting my sister but just within minutes my son and I walked outside to find our vehicle had been taken! My son cried as I called the police and they said Midwest Title Loans of Missouri had taken it. The Repo men must of have been Stalking us all day long because we left Atchison Kansas then went to Horton Kansas, then to Hiawatha kansas, then to Falls City to discuss my sons birthday party which we never had.

Midwest Title Loans repo men took everything we had in the car including our coats and gloves and my cane I needed to walk. We had no money to get back home to Atchison kansas. I called Midwest Title Loans in St. Joe Missouri and they were very rude not like before when they were encouraging us to take out more money. I was told we had 20 days to come up with $1,200.00 or our vehicle will be put up on the Auction Block and sold! The state of Missouri Law Makers need to hurry up and shut these places down. My complaint is being stranded out in the middlle of nowheres with my 7 year old son.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2012 07:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midwest-Title-Loans/St-Joseph-Mo-Missouri-64507/Midwest-Title-Loans-Midwest-Title-Loans-of-St-Joe-Missouri-Midwest-Title-Loans-of-St-Jos-822114. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midwest Title Loans

If they shut places like this down...

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

...then where would you get your future emergency loans from?

I feel for your situation. I too would be a totally lost soul in Gods hands alone were anything to happen to my loved one, leaving me to raise our child alone.

However, circumstances do not permit borrowers to set the terms of when they will make they're payments. the lender doesn't have to wait for you to get your tax refund. They're entitled to get what's owed them by each due date.

Should the repo folks be human enough to at least knock on the door, tell you the jig is up and the vehicle's going bye bye, come and remove your belongings, please? Yes, I'd say so, but if you watch the repo reality shows, alerting the borrower in any way before hooking up and taking off can be dangerous for them.

They should still make their impound lot available for retrieval of personal items, in my opinion. Check your state laws, Kansas and Nebraska's for anything they might have violated being this was an interstate operation.

Hope it works out for you. Just sent a prayer your way.

What does being disabled have to do with this

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Well unless there is a clause in the loan agreement that gives disabled people the permission to pay late or wait until they get their tax refund..it has NOTHING to do with this.

The fact is that you took out a Title Loan, in fact it appears you took out multiple loans.  They did not force you to take any of them.  Yes I am sure you can say they "encouraged" you, but in the end it was YOUR choice.  It's interesting how you had the ability to drive to several cities, plan a birthday party but couldn't make payments on the loan.

As for them Repossessing your car.  I guess you could make the claim that they somehow read your mind, knew you would be driving around so they followed you the entire day.  Then they figured you were at this house and since they knew that would be the most inconvenient time they choose that time to "pounce" on the car.  After all why take the "easy" way out and just repossess it when it is at your house.

So why would they have to go this route?  If I was to bet I would say that you were doing a very good job of hiding the car and this was their last resort.

- Then why didn't you have these things when you WALKED back to the car?

- So this is your complaint?  I guess if they repossessed your car at home it would be okay in your mind?  Somehow I doubt that.  Also, it wasn't exactly in the middle of nowhere. You were visiting your sister...I am sure she would love to hear you talk about her like this.

I'm sorry

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

but when did someone force you to take out a large title loan, with high interest, and then not pay it back? You are getting repo'd because of your own decisions. You chose to take out a loan and you chose to not pay it back. You would be crying if they shut these places down because then you would have no where to borrow money from.

This is no fault but your own, perhaps you have learned to pay your bills on time or face the consequences.