Complaint Review: Midwest towing

• Updated: Sun, December 18, 2011

• Reported By: Bob — LR Missouri United States of America
Midwest towing
2697B Maple Leaf Lane Springfield, Missouri United States of America

Midwest towing Stole a car parked in a parking lot, would not allow us to pick it up till next day. Springfield, Missouri

My friend had her car towed from there after paying. We did not get there last night till 12:10 and left at closing. I have never heard of any problems with getting towed from downtown at night, but this was outrageous and will cause me and my friends to go somewhere else. Midwest Towing took her car and left us stranded at 1:30 in the AM with out a ride. I called them and they said they would not allow us to get the car till 9:00 Sunday. I am sure that is so they can charge the extra $25 storage. They were barley back to their lot when I called, because we were only in your club from 12:10-1:30. I am really upset about this Theft without any way to prove that we put money in the box. Have you had any other complaints like this? Total cost was $175.
Springfield Parking company was the lot owner and the towing company said they called. I believe this is a Standard weekly scam they run to make money. The car owner has no way to fight them, just pay.

If anyone else has heard of this, I would like to know.

Thanks,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2011 11:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midwest-towing/Springfield-Missouri-65617/Midwest-towing-Stole-a-car-parked-in-a-parking-lot-would-not-allow-us-to-pick-it-up-till-810985. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midwest towing