Complaint Review: Mike Anderson, Paul Williams

• Submitted: Tue, August 30, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, August 31, 2005

• Reported By:el cajon California
Mike Anderson, Paul Williams
Lagos, ictoria Island U.S.A.

Mike Anderson, Paul Williams They took my money of $2,500 telling me that if I pay that I will be rewarded as a Next of Kin Lagos Nige Victoria Island

*Consumer Suggestion: Research plus Knowledge equals Power

*Consumer Comment: You will never see your money again.....

In the first place, I received an email from this guy named Paul Williams with an email of [email protected], which he had told me that I would be the Next of Kin for this guy named Patrick Moller who had died from a plane crash and that no one has claimed the money of the next of kin. It was strange because he had the actual link of all the people who had died in the plane crash and his name was on it.

Therefore, they need someone to be the beneficiary of the money - because it's been several years that no one has claimed to be the beneficiary. Paul Williams told me that they found me in their system saying that I might
be a beneficiary of Patrick Moller, but I had to follow certain instructions in order to get the money.

So stupid me, decided to go for it. He seemed to be legit, and I believed him. I have all the copies of everything saved in my inbox in my yahoo, all the emails he sent me. Paul Williams supposedly is suppose to be some kind of Investigator or some kind of guy who works for this company that deals with Next of Kin Claims and he keeps telling me that it is no scam and it is $100% safe and legit.

We'd keep in contact through emails and everything. Then all of a sudden, Paul Williams would give me documents of Patrick Moller's death certificates, and all these other documents that look so real that he scanned through the internet. He told me to email this Attorney guy with the name of Mike Anderson and tell him that I was the one claiming to be Patrick Moller's late cousin. So I did, stupid me who believed everything. (I can't believe I did that.)

Then once that was done, this Attorney guy Mike Anderson emailed me. his email is [email protected] and he told me that I was the right beneficiary and he told me that in order to receive the beneficiary inheritance I would need to pay $2,500.00 cash and wire it to the above account I just mentioned, and I stupidly did. Then after I did that and they received it, now he's asking me for $15,000 for a Drug Clearance Code so I can transfer the $25500000.00 into my account. I got scammed! I can't believe I became a victim of this. If you would like, you can contact me by phone and everything, and I have all their emails and everything saved in my box as proof....Then once that was done, they gave me the website to this bank called Midas International...their website is www.emidas-online.com and they told me to enter all this information

Click on Ebanking and go to ENTER ACCOUNT
username is patr-ml
password is inheritance

If you log in it, you will see the account, which seems to be so real. I know now days they can make websites like that now. according to what my friend told me.

So as I was in the account, I tried to transfer the money into my account with my bank Mission Federal Credit Union here in San diego, CA and there was this blinking light saying the percentage as the file was being transfered. I even have the proofs for that too. It was like 99% done and it said, "Wait, your transaction is not approved, you need a Drug Clearance code for this fund to be transferred.." I was like what the hell?

It's a bunch of bullshit and now they want me to pay $15,000 for the Drug Clearance Code, which I don't get...If I was the right beneficiary, why couldn't they just transfer all the money to me directly!

I want my money back, I was scammed big time! I'm telling you, please be aware of these kind of emails, they seem so real, but they are NOT!

I hope you can help me catch this suckers....

Email me please. I need your help stop these scammers!

Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 20:40:01 +0100
From: "Mr Paul Williams" View Contact Details
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by gmail.com. Learn more
To: "Mona Liza Santos"
Subject: Re:Urgent.

Attn:Mona Liza Santos

We spent to $100,000 and above to get your name into the systems and above to get your name into the systems as the beneficairy of Patrick Moller's Inheritance so all I need for you to do is to tell the lawyer that it is only $2,500 you can pay and I believe he will still be in the office so tell him now and get back to me.

He will do that provided you promise him handsome reward and full payment when the money get into your account .If the money is paid today into the lawyers account lates friday the iheritance will be your account and you will dictate the pace from then.

Please don't Fail me I am very nervous and I wil wait your idscussion with the lawyer.

God bless

SWIFT- CITIUS33
ACCOUNT NO. 36151409
FURTHER CREDIT TO DAIMOND BANK LIMITED
ACCOUNT NO. 0261520001610
IN FAVOUR OF VICTOR OSONDU.

Yes, actually I did a wire transfer at my bank, they are my witnesses, I did a wire transfer of $2,500.

Here is an email from my bank telling me the transaction number...

Dean Zamora wrote:

The tracking number is 20050823B1Q8022R001274. We received a messaged from Citibank today that they have received our request to update the original message and forwarded the information to the beneficiary bank (Diamond Bank). Hopefully Diamond Bank will act on this new information quickly. They have all of the necessary information to complete this transaction. you can even contact my bank for further investigation that i did a wire transfer to this account:

Here is the email he sent me:

Attn: Mona Lisa Santos

Re: Inheritance Procedure

I do accept your apology. It is not a scam. Mike Anderson & associate will never be involved in anything Scam, you can check out my website : www.mikekanderson.com at least that will show you we are established and not just anything to do with Scam.

The Account is CITI BANK Account for further credit to Diamond Bank that is why it has two Account one for the corresponding Bank which is CITIBANK and the other for the final destination Bank which is Diamond Bank where the money will be paid into, below is the Account:

CITI BANK NEW YORK
111WALL STREET,
NEW YORK, N.Y 10043

ABA NO. - 021000089
SWIFT- CITIUS33
ACCOUNT NO. 36151409
FURTHER CREDIT TO DAIMOND BANK LIMITED
ACCOUNT NO. 0261520001610
IN FAVOUR OF VICTOR OSONDU.

Immediately the payment is made forward the payment information, if you are confused you can ask the bank on how the fund will be transferred. The Swift Code is correct So I wait your urgent response but be rest assured that Mike Anderson & Associate will not fail you in any way that your fund will be transferred into your Account immediately we confirm the payment and the
necessary documents are obtained.

Best Regards,
Mike Anderson

Here are some emails you must keep:

[email protected] (Initial person who got me into all this)
[email protected] (An attorney from Nigeria)
[email protected] (The banker guy)

You are about to submit a complaint with the IFCC.
Please review your information prior to submission.
A PDF copy of your complaint will be emailed to:

[email protected]
IFCC COMPLAINT REFERRAL FORM

The following information was provided by the victim and may be forwarded to the appropriate law enforcement or regulatory agencies.

International Fraud

City: El Cajon
Live in city limits: Yes
County: State: CA Zip: 92020
Country USA

Do you have pertinent documents in paper form? Yes

Please indicate who your local law enforcement agency is:
I have no idea.

Please List the easiest way and most convenient time to contact you:
Anytime after 1:30 p.m.

Information about Individual that victimized you. Web Site: http://www.mikekanderson.com
Name: Mike Anderson
Suite/Apt/Mail Stop:
City: Victoria Island
County: Lagos State: Zip:
Country: NGA

Contact between you and the Person/company that victimized you. Type of Contact: E Mail
Date of Contact: 08/10/2005
Total money lost on contact Date: 0

Money lost in total: 2500

Description of Item:
I paid $2,500 for a stupid Next of Kin email, which I totally believed in.

Mona liza
el cajon, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2005 09:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mike-Anderson-Paul-Williams/Lagos-ictoria-Island/Mike-Anderson-Paul-Williams-They-took-my-money-of-2500-telling-me-that-if-I-pay-that-I-155566. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mike Anderson, Paul Williams

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Dawn - (U.S.A.)

You get an email that states some idiot paid 100,000 dollars just to get your name in a system? You believed it. Did it occur to you at all that this is indeed a scam. You almost got yourself involved with fraud which is a felony. How can one be so nieve? I will never understand how people are just so willing to jump to give someone money get money. The advance fee loan scam and the Nigerian so called "next of kin" scam are all cut from the same cloth. You will never see your money again once you wire it to these schemers. You dont pay money to get money. You ever seen a bank asking you to pay for a withdrawal the same theory applies here.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Dawn - (U.S.A.)

You will never see your money again.....

AUTHOR: Al - (U.S.A.)

I thought that everyone knew about the Nigerian scams. I am so sorry you got duped, however a little education may help you. I went to the web sites you listed, they look impressive, flash animations and all, however to the informed eye there are red flags..

Mike Anderson may be a REAL attorney, however most of the email addresses you were given were from FREE web mail based providers, why would the Attorney Mike Anderson give you an email that isn't what is listed at his web site? Did you try to contact him via the email addresses posted at his site? If this Mike Anderson is the REAL Mike Anderson, he may be interested to know that someone is impuning his name by way of this scam. The Midas Bank web site is truly a scam, first red flag is LACK OF WEB SECURITY on the log in page. These type web sites are easily built, and is probably only used for this specific scam, for if it is legimate, you should let them know that they are being used for illegal means. Another flag is that you wired money to yet another party, probably the only REAL person in this scam and this person is probably only a gopher and don't know crap. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, no matter how legitimate it looks, it is. My rule is to never get involved with persons or entites in foreign countries, especially on business matters. The US Govt has NO ABILITY to help you in this, the money is spent, now they are looking for the next mark hoping they will keep paying this and that for the ability to cash in on money that, if it were true, would not be theirs to begin with. To Conclude, SHAME ON YOU, you have learned your lesson in getting involved with a fraud, and you knew that you wouldn't have been entitled to the money anyway, SHAME SHAME SHAME. The only true ripoff here is that you chose to participate, everything else was karma.

'I'm Not Hatin!'