Complaint Review: Mike Benton

• Updated: Tue, March 04, 2014

• Reported By: maze4fla — Parkland Florida
Mike Benton
6301 NW 5th Way Suite 4500 Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA

Mike Benton Adam StephensRealtyFire Group/Charles Rutenberg Realty unethical real estate practices Fort Lauderdale Florida

*Author of original report: employment severed

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Poorly Performing Employee Was Asked to Leave

*Author of original report: Not disgruntled

*General Comment: Ellen Velez

I recently worked for this company and found unprofessionalism, unethical practices and illegal real estate practices.

In one instance the agent Mike Benton submitted a contract to our seller for signature.  It was a buyer that we acquired for one of our listings therefore he was representing both parties.  In order to get the buyer to agree to the contract he added 4300 in seller concessions and then advised me to send to the seller for signature.  At no point did he ever disclose these seller concessions and when I asked about it he told me just to send it for digital signature, full knowing that the seller would in no way read the contract and just sign.  Of course through the process the seller realized this and was very angry.

When I started with the company many of the agents were unlicensed.  In particular, one admin person was sent on 95% of all showings which I just learned was illegal in my renewal class.  I did make the admin person aware of what I had just learned however this continued.

All fees must always be disclosed however in most cases a transaction fee was never disclosed yet I was instructed on every settlment statement to advise the title agent to put one in anyway.

This agency does nothing really to promote a seller's home rather they just take the listing and hope it sells.  Because of the above and much more, I left the company.

If I were you I would stay away from anything relating to Mike Benton, Adam Stephens or Realty Fire,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2014 07:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mike-Benton/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33309/Mike-Benton-Adam-StephensRealtyFire-GroupCharles-Rutenberg-Realty-unethical-real-estate-1128118. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mike Benton

employment severed

AUTHOR: - ()

I find it very odd that the wife of the agent Mike Benton who never worked with me is filing a rebuttal 1 year later. It is curious which makes me think that there are other complaints out there against Mr. Benton and realty fire. Nontheless it was a mutual understanding. Realty Fire conducted themselves illegally and u professionally. They can claim whatever they want about my work ethic as I have never been fired and actually went back to previous employer where I never should have left. To me this company and its principles are insignificant and have not given them a second thought until I received this new ridiculous rebuttal from Lisa Benton who is beyond irrelevant. My employment there was thankfully short lived and I would appreciate if they could focus on something just a little more current than a claim made well over a year ago. BUSINESS MUST NOT BE GOING WELL.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Poorly Performing Employee Was Asked to Leave

AUTHOR: Lisa Benton - (USA)

This former employee worked for us for a very brief time and was asked to leave due to failure to show during scheduled work hours and unacceptable behaviors towards our clients.  This was NOT a mutual decision, and this individual was very angry.  After receiving multiple complaints from several different investors who described her as "rude" and hearing that she failed to return phone calls to several clients, her time at Realty Fire was terminated.  Our top priority is our clients, and we are unable to employ any individual who does not meet our expectations for communication and reliability. Those individuals who do not meet our standards of excellence are asked to leave.

All of our agents are licensed professionals.  Promoting such false information about our company is simply an indication that we made the right choice in severing ties with this person.

Not disgruntled

AUTHOR: maze4fla - ()

My employment was mutually severed and all claims can be verified. Every claim I made is the truth and you can speak with the seller James Feeney and their unlicensed admin who does their showings.

#4 General Comment

Ellen Velez

AUTHOR: Amber Cox - ()

The above was posted by a disgruntled ex employee, who did not quit but was let go and obviously has nothing better to do.