Complaint Review: Mike Dawn

• Updated: Mon, October 21, 2013

• Reported By: Miranda — Columbus Ohio
Mike Dawn
105 W Clearview Drive Coatesville, Pennsylvania USA

Mike Dawn Lisa Lutz This person contacted me over a craigslist ad I posted to sell my full set of David Yurman jewelry. Coatesville Pennsylvania

This individual "Mike Dawn" contacted me on Craigslist wanting to buy a set of David Yurman jewelry from me. I was selling this set for $1800.00, it was a gift from a loved one that I had to sell to hopefully buy a car to get me to work and back. He offered to pay me through pay pal. I have a pay pal account and actually received what I believed was a legitimate email from pay pal telling me that this buyer had made a payment of $1800.00 into my pay pal account.

"Mike" asked me to send the jewelry to an address in PA under the name "Lisa Lutz." I assumed it was a gift to a girlfriend. After I sent the package I emailed the tracking number to pay pal and recieved another legitimate looking confirmation email. The next day "Mike" contacted me and said he had ordered my jewelry sent back to me and needed me to send it to a Florida address as there was no one to receive the package in PA. [continued below]....

.....

I grew suspicious and contacted pay pal. The transaction number on the emails was a phony. These con-artists are high-tech as everything in the email looked legitimate, the links in these phony emails even sent me back to the real pay pal website. I have lost all my jewelry as well as the $1800.00 I needed to buy a car for transportation to work.

I spent the last of my money overnighting the package to this phony address, and I now have $1.00 in my bank account until my next paycheck. I don't even have enough money to eat or feed my two children. These people have destroyed my life for quite some time. I will never get my money, jewelry, or trust back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2013 02:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mike-Dawn/Coatesville-Pennsylvania-19320/Mike-Dawn-Lisa-Lutz-This-person-contacted-me-over-a-craigslist-ad-I-posted-to-sell-my-ful-1092157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mike Dawn