farmers

• Updated: Thu, March 06, 2014

• Reported By: Huntington Beach — California
Mike Diamond Plumbing
Internet USA

Mike Diamond Plumbing Overcharging, price gouging for plumbing services Internet

*General Comment: I know why he charges 80.00 service charge up front

We had a toilet that apparently was malfunctioning since every time it was flushed, a loud thumping noise was heard in the walls.  We called Mike Diamond Plumbing to come out and investigate.  First of all they charged me $76 to simply come out to the house, and would not apply that fee to any repairs that were to be done.  Second, after checking the pressure in the house the technician stated that it was simply the toilet that would need a new valve inside the tank.  He then prepared an estimate for me.

When he was ready he showed me his beautiful book with all the prices which were so over priced I thought he was kidding.  His estimate to install a new valve in the tank of the toilet was over $600 dollars.  I have a Toto toilet, which is the top of the line, and I explained to him that the entire toilet could be purchased for approximately $600.  He told me that all the technicians were on commission (10%), and that after he paid for the right to use Mike Diamond's license and truck, there was very little left for him.  He also stated that there was no guarantee that his initial repair would completely solve the problem.

I told him that he was crazy, and that it was criminal for them to attempt to take advantage of consumers in that fashion.  I paid him the initial $76 dollars and asked him to leave.

I then went to the local plumbing supply and purchased a replacement valve kit for $39.  I installed this myself in 20 minutes.    Consumers should understand that the reason Mike Diamond is the smell good plumber, is because he can afford to by expensive cologne with the outrageous fees applied to minor repair work.  Don't call this company.  They only have one agenda, and that is to see how much they can milk the job for, hoping that the consumer is unaware of their dishonesty.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2014 02:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mike-Diamond-Plumbing/internet/Mike-Diamond-Plumbing-Overcharging-price-gouging-for-plumbing-services-Internetnbsp-1128792. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mike Diamond Plumbing

#1 General Comment

I know why he charges 80.00 service charge up front

AUTHOR: IamGood - ()

Mike Diamond is not dishonest.  He has a price book prepared with all his prices displayed for all to see.  If he was dishonest, he would have quoted you 100.00 for a initial fix plus 80.00 service fee, then hit you with another 500.00 before he was done, and after he did the work.  HE TOLD YOU UP FRONT.

His prices may be high, but you knew up front, and chose not to use his services.  You took his diagnosis (which you paid 80.00 for), and went out and spent 40.00 to buy the part, and spent 30 minutes installing it your self.

I now see the reason that he has to charge the 80.00 fee.  People will call him up, he will give them an estimate, and use his gas and time to go out and look at the issue, and then people say later, No, I will just do it my self.

This way he can at least get 80.00 for his time and trouble.

Mike Diamond Plumbing may be high priced, but he doesnt sound dishonest.