Complaint Review: Mike Diamond Plumbing

• Updated: Sun, August 21, 2011

• Reported By: Starpath — Malibu California United States of America
Mike Diamond Plumbing

Mike Diamond Plumbing thesmellgoodplumber.com Bait and Switch, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Okay if you know...?

I called "mike diamond" to have a toilet repaired. The first time I called was the day I wanted service. I filled in the information on the web site and waited for a return call. None came. Two days later I called for an appointment. I knew exactly what I needed to repair the toilet. The "ball/cock" is the insides of the toilet that holds then releases the water. Cost at a hardware store is between 30 and 70 dollars.

The first indication I had of a potential problem is when the operator told me the plumber would be out to "diagosis the problem." I told her it did not need a diagnostic evaluation. I knew what it needed. So the plumber comes out, on time and smelling good, but that's about all. He quotes me $565.00 to repair the toilet or $1,200 to replace it. Mind you this is a $200.00 toilet at home depot and does not need replacing.

In addition he now wants $76.00 for the "service call." At that point I tell him where to put his service call. I call my local plumber who charges me $165.00 and comes out on the weekend.

It appears that "mike diamond" is nothing but a referal service to plumbers willing to operate under that trade name. They dramatically overcharge and are a compete rip off. I should have known that anyone who spends as much money advertising as they do has to charge more for the service but triple the cost is rediculous.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2010 06:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mike-Diamond-Plumbing/internet/Mike-Diamond-Plumbing-thesmellgoodplumbercom-Bait-and-Switch-Internet-636224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mike Diamond Plumbing

Okay if you know...?

AUTHOR: PlumbTruth - (USA)

Okay, if you already knew how much it cost and what needed repairing why didn't YOU fix it?  I have been in the trade for almost 2 decades and in the SoCal area the whole time.  Never once have I been associated with the company you complained about, as a matter of fact I write for TheSmellGoodPlumberStinks.  I do not agree with overcharging or price gouging, I also don't agree with $1,200 toilet replacements (for an average everyday flusher).  You called a pro and got one price at it then went to another and obviously went for the cheaper repair good for you!

I once bought a Honda and years later bought a KIA, I didn't get ripped off by Honda when I could have bought 2 KIAs for the same money, I chose value over price in one case and price over value in the other.

I will not say that Mike Diamond Plumbing is NOT a rip off but based on this story I WILL say that all said you made a good decision choosing another professional and a bad decision using this experience as a sole example of a rip off.