Complaint Review: Mike Diamond

• Updated: Fri, December 28, 2012

• Reported By: Chuck — Bellflower California United States of America
Mike Diamond
2949 Randolph Ave ste f Costa Mesa, California United States of America

Mike Diamond Mike Diamond smells good but his employees are clueless, lazy, unprofessional, rip off artist. Costa Mesa, California

I called Mike Diamond for plumbing services because he advertises upfront pricing and $99 stoppage removal. His advertisement claims to tell you how much to unclog a drain over the phone.

I fully explained my problem to the lady on the phone when I scheduled an appointment. The lady advised me that my problem will be fixed for $99 or the visit would be free.

The plumber arrived on time and although I didn't sniff him, he didn't smell bad from afar. When I say the plumber arrived onetime, please be mindful that the scheduled appointment window was from 7am - 12pm and he showed up at 10:30am.

I took the technician into the bathroom and showed him the toilet and the bathtub where the slow drain was happening. The technician looked at the tub and said, "oh yeah that's a mainline stoppage. You see how it's backing up in the tub?".

I then pulled the drain that was holding the water in the tub and said, "we'll no, the water in the tub is from my wife's bath this morning."

The water slowly drained from the tub.

The technician watched the water drain and said "do you have any access points?".

I said "I have no idea what you are talking about.".

The technician walked back outside and looked in my front yard and said, "you need access points and a clean out for $2000 and I can't do it from the roof so you should call someone else. I'll write you an estimate. And I won't charge you for this visit."

I said, "what do you mean you won't charge me for the visit? You didn't do anything except walk on my grass and tell me you want $2,000."

The technician was at my house for 5 minutes and never once looked at my problem...and what is he talking about the roof...the toilet is in the bathroom...I don't want a plumber on my roof.

So I called Bubba the local plumber...he came over within 10 minutes of the call...ran a snake down my toilet and pulled out the clump of hair in my pipe...the drain is running better than ever...he took 10 minutes to fix the problem...he even climbed under my house to investigate...total time 45 minutes from the call I had a fixed toilet for $150. Bubba also guarantees all of his work as most reputable companies do.

Mike Diamond plumbers smell good because they are too lazy to get dirty. Don't trust these folks...they are trained salesmen...they may not smell like a plumber but this sure smells like a bait and switch scheme.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2012 04:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mike-Diamond/Costa-Mesa-California-92626/Mike-Diamond-Mike-Diamond-smells-good-but-his-employees-are-clueless-lazy-unprofession-988326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mike Diamond