Complaint Review: Mike Diamond

• Submitted: Wed, August 15, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, August 15, 2012

• Reported By: bummed out by Mike Diamond — Ladera Ranch California United States of America
Mike Diamond
3801 Lenawee Ave Culver City, California United States of America

Mike Diamond George Brazil I caught the first repairman short circuting my AC while he was there to recharge the freon Culver City, California

Called Mike Diamond today since my AC was blowing hot air when the compressor was running the pipe would ice up. They sent a service tech from George Brazil??? He did not seem to know much about AC. Now my compliant was my compressor was running and blowing HOT air but it was running. I left the tech alone for 2 min came back as he was supposed to be checking the freon level and he had removed the cover on the other side of my AC compressor away from the valve you use to check the freon level. I see a spark from his wrench then he says he has found the problem a short circuited Capacitor and that is why my compressor would not start up or turn on. I told him that was really strange since I had just ran the compressor the prior day for several hours and it was blowing hot air. The compressor was running fine the fan was turning it was working. Once the sparks flew from the Tech the unit was dead and would not start. So a quick job of adding Freon turns out to cost over 800.00. So I called the manager to let him know what happened. He said he trusted his tech and it must have been an accident they would take care of it. He offered to send out another tech I accepted. Later another tech showed up from Mike Diamond he said this was the third job today he had to clean up after the other tech. He explained to me that the Capacitor can go out suddenly and It must have been a coincidence and the sparks I saw were meaningless. He then told me I should buy the parts on line and fix it myself it is really simple and his rates were very high. I explained his manager stated if they caused the problem he would fix it free and also my children were extremely uncomfortable due to the heat wave so we could not wait. He offered to give me a discount off the regular 704.00 installed price for a part I found online for 47.50. He said it would be 350.00 since the company sent out a careless tech. I was pretty upset since I figured to recharge the Freon should cost less than 200.00. I even supplied the freon so it was only labor. This tech also refused to go into my attic to check the coils and did not even turn on the upstairs system when he was checking out my AC. I am concerned I will have the same problem tomorrow and after reading up on this company online I am truly shocked they are still in business. I was able to stop payment and they are now claiming over 800.00 for having 2 service techs at my house the first one I sent on his way after less than 15 min and the second one they were sending out Free who spent less than 30 min on site and spent under 5 min replacing my shorted out Capacitor. Once he replaced it my compressor started right up and blew HOT AIR again. Next he placed his gage on my system and said it need Freon wow crazy. After all this and the tech adding my own freon, replacing a part I witnessed the other tech break and now a bill for over 800.00. NO ESTIMATE WAS PROVIDED UP FRONT. I am looking forward to seeing them all in court. But please beware and do not even think of hiring these scam artists. I was lucky and will not be paying these clowns a red cent but if you check online you will find so many poor people that have been scammed by Mike Diamond and George Brazil. I am a businessman and understand profit but rape and pillage is shameful 1000% mark up read their materials claim they operate on a 30% profit margin. Well thanks for reading my rant I hope it helps the Honest AC  repairman and saves you some money and STRESS!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2012 11:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mike-Diamond/Culver-City-California-90232/Mike-Diamond-George-Brazil-I-caught-the-first-repairman-short-circuting-my-AC-while-he-was-927976. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mike Diamond