Complaint Review: Mike Helvey

• Submitted: Wed, April 11, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, April 11, 2012

• Reported By: SiddharthJewels — Schaumburg Illinois United States of America
Mike Helvey

Mike Helvey Michael Helvey of WebZeez Web Designer Rips Off 30yr Old Company Internet

*Consumer Comment: It happened to me too!

*Consumer Comment: Am I getting this right?

We are a 30yr old company in fantastic standing in the Chicagoland area dealing in fine diamond jewelry. We decided we would like to open an online showroom to display our products. We contracted Mike Helvey via elance and came to an agreement. During that time as we approached the final two milestone payments Mike Helvey requested that he be paid through paypal to avoid the fee charged by elance. As the site was 90% finished and we had become friends, I agreed to do so; this was my mistake. Afterwards Mike Helvey became almost entirely uncontactable, he did not finish the work he had agreed to do and when he did rarely respond to our messages he made feeble excuses and whined like a child about why it wasn't done. He then stopped responding all together and pretended to be someone else on the phone when I uncovered a second phone number listed for him under a forum post of complaining customers on one of his former websites(myezbidz.net).

This man did the work he was contracted to do up until it was very close to being finished but still lacked certain vital features, then stopped working.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2012 08:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mike-Helvey/internet/Mike-Helvey-Michael-Helvey-of-WebZeez-Web-Designer-Rips-Off-30yr-Old-Company-Internet-866902. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mike Helvey

It happened to me too!

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

This guy Michae Helvey or  Mike Helvey is a crook and took $500 from me as a down payment / deposit on eLance to do website design and then vanished. eLance didn't help me and said since I paid via eLance (which is an escrow service) that they can't refund my money. Mike Helvey is a crook and has done this on several occassions. I could only find 5 ripoff reports on him and that means there are probably several instances where this scam artist did this to other people. Someone will probably find this guy one day and break his legs!

Am I getting this right?

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

"  Mike Helvey requested that he be paid through paypal to avoid the fee charged by elance. "

So, you have no problem with ripping off elance, but you are upset if someone does it to you?