Complaint Review: Mike McGowan Landscape and Management Corp.

• Submitted: Fri, August 31, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, December 27, 2012

• Reported By: Unhappy in Lake County — Clermont Florida United States of America
Mike McGowan Landscape and Management Corp.
Hatteras Ave., Clermont, FL Clermont, Florida United States of America

Mike McGowan Landscape and Management Corp. Mike McGowan Non-payment of labor Clermont, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This Allegation is 100% False

My son-in-law did some work for Mr. McGowan over a month ago and he refuses to pay him. He gave him the run around about having to wait until he's put on the payroll.  This was 30 days ago.  When my son-in-law finally got a hold of him (after several unanswered messages), Mr. McGowan made slanderous remarks to him and threatened him physically.  If Mr. McGowan treats his employees this way, it makes you wonder what type of work he'll do for you.
Unhappy in Lake County
Clermont
Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2012 12:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mike-McGowan-Landscape-and-Management-Corp/Clermont-Florida-34711/Mike-McGowan-Landscape-and-Management-Corp-Mike-McGowan-Non-payment-of-labor-Clermont-Fl-935394. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mike McGowan Landscape and Management Corp.

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This Allegation is 100% False

AUTHOR: McGowan''s Landscaping - (United States of America)

This article about me not paying my employee is false and was written by his mother in law in an attempt to slander my business.  Fact is I have a payroll company that handles all of our payroll.  This individual who started with me worked only a few days and could not physically handle the landscape and sod installation. When this individual asked to give him a second chance at working, I agreed and stated to him that he would have to be placed on payroll.  Our payroll is processed through ADP and our pay periods are bi-weekly.  I began getting phone calls from his wife, these calls were her demanding money before the pay period.  I stated to her that payoll was not until the 15th.  Her and her husband began texting me with violent theats, so my wife who is on our staff wrote a release that stated that they had in fact been paid in full and no monies were do to them.  I will glady furnish this to anyone who would like a copy.  In addition, his mother in law wrote this same article on Merchant Cirlce, I contacted Merchant Cirlce and they removed this article right away.  In closing I am all for consumer advocatecy, but as the article that was written against my company has nothing to do about a consumer.  So point and case there was no rip off, hence there should be no rip off report.  For the record I have a A rated business.