Complaint Review: Mike Torricelli

• Submitted: Thu, August 06, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, December 13, 2012

• Reported By:Beaufort North Carolina
Mike Torricelli
1125 Catalina, Laguna Beach, California U.S.A.

Mike Torricelli Interventionist or impressionist? Laguna Beach California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: FALSE AND MALICIOUS DISGRUNTLED EMPLOYEE

Mr. Torricelli was engaged by our extended family in order to facilitate an intervention for my wife, who had a longstanding alcohol problem.
He initially appeared to be very knowledgeable, as well as presented himself as a personal "success story" and thus highly qualified to act on our behalf.
What first seemed highly irregular, was simply the fact that all family members were briefed and prepared, save for myself, the spouse and most immediate person to be included.

The intervention went as planned, other than I was not made aware until one hour prior to the event. He summarily whisked my wife off to the airport, yet once there availed no service other than to spend a great deal of time calling other clients and attending to personal needs.
Mike made several specific promises during the intervention, most dealing with follow up and continued communications with all family members. This never came to pass, and later caused great disruption between all parties, especially staff of the treatment facility.
I had been in constant contact with my wife's treatment staff, all who assured me of the superior progress she was making.

During that same period, Mr. Torricelli finally called me to notify me of a family conference call to be held the next day.
It was during that conference call that Mike informed all family members that my wife was in dire need of an extension of another 30 days, predicated upon the fact that "he" felt that my wife was a "Master Manipulator".
When I took issue with those remarks he became inflamed and cited that a certain failure was imminent.
I later discovered that his only real motive in this instance, was to secure an additional commission.
I brought this to the attention of the facility, who then promptly canceled his
contractual services.

Within several months of this most unprofessional display by a trusted interventionist, Mr. Torricelli was later charged and convicted of several felonies related to drug possession. He was adjudicated to two years imprisonment at a CA state prison, as well as three years probation and only has a public defender to serve him.

I believe this speaks volumes as to the level of trust that consumers might encounter.
As for "master manipulators" my wife has now been completely sober for well over a year, quite counter to Mikes "informed" prediction.

G. D
Beaufort, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2009 06:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mike-Torricelli/Laguna-Beach-California/Mike-Torricelli-Interventionist-or-impressionist-Laguna-Beach-California-477212. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mike Torricelli

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

FALSE AND MALICIOUS DISGRUNTLED EMPLOYEE

AUTHOR: Mike torrecelli - (U.S.A.)

SAME DISGRUNTLED TERMINATED EMPLOYEE. I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO NORTH CAROLINA, LET ALONE PERFORMED AN INTERVENTION THERE. tHIS REPORT WAS FILED BY ROBERT PERKINS, WHO IS BELIEVED TO BE RESIDING IN HAWAII.

I WILL PAY A $1000 REWARD FOR INFORMATION ON HIS PHYSICAL ADDRESS, SO I MAY ENFORCE SANCTIONS FROM CIVIL PROCEEDINGS.

I ALSO SUGGEST YOU "GOOGLE COAST2COASTINTERVENTKIONS AND PERUSE THE 50 PLUS REVIEWS AND TESTIMONIALS FOR MIKE TORRICELLI, OR FEEL FREE TO CALL ME FOR ADDITIONAL PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES.  AND FYI, I HAVE NEVER EVER BEEN IN PRISON EVER BEEN IN PRISON.