Complaint Review: Mike's KITSAP MUFFLER& BRAKES&WELDING

• Submitted: Sun, January 31, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, January 31, 2010

• Reported By: James — Port Orchard Washington U.S.A.
Mike's KITSAP MUFFLER& BRAKES&WELDING
highway 3 Gorst, wa. Gorst, Washington United States of America

Mike's KITSAP MUFFLER& BRAKES&WELDING manager "Jason" trashed my paint job and damaged the body then claimed that it was already done when I left it with them. Gorst, Washington

I took my 1977 Corvette to "Mike's Kitsap Brake&muffler,located in Gorst Wa, to have a small electrical switch problem with  the passenger side window fixed and to have it serviced. I was told that they were very busy that day and that I would have to leave it with them for the day and that they would give me a call when it was finished.      When they did not call me by the end of the day, I  called them and was told that they had put it up on a lift (which was not ok'd by me ) a nd that I could pick it up the next day.       I needed to use the car the next day so I told them that I would be right there to get the car .   When I got there  they had put my car back down from the lift and was told b y one of the mechanics that it had been slightly damaged,then he showed me where aomeone had slamed the hood down on a tool and cracked and chipped the paint .  Upon further inspection I also found evidence of other damage that had been done .  A small hole had been punched in the drivers side fender and many scratches all over the body and what looked like someone had tried to move the car by pushing it with another vehicle . When I asked if they would repair the damage that they had done ,the manager"Jason" came out and told me that it  must have been previous damage .When I asked him for the owners phone number ,so that i could speek to him  personally about it. "Jason " then told me that, He (the owner) would never agree to repair the damage and that I should just forget about it because he and the staff would all deni any wrongdoing ans would all swear that the damage was pre-existing . So far I have not been able to have this resolved ,for I have not been able to find out  the owner "Mike"s  last name and can not contact him. I dont knwo if "Jason" reported this to his boss or not. but I'm guessing not.                   ps: I have photos of the damage that they did to my car

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2010 02:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mikes-KITSAP-MUFFLER-BRAKESWELDING/Gorst-Washington-/Mikes-KITSAP-MUFFLER-BRAKESWELDING-manager-Jason-trashed-my-paint-job-and-damaged-the-562671. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mike's KITSAP MUFFLER& BRAKES&WELDING