- Report: #1108209
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Mike's Subaru (Andre)
Mike's Subaru (Andre)12135-1/2 BRANFORD St SUN VALLEY, , California USA
Mike's Subaru (Andre) Sheldon Auto Parts Total Rip off do NOT buy an engine from them. They are liars and theivs. SUN VALLEY, California
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Re : Mike's Subaru ( Andre )
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Fellow Ripoff Report users,
I want to thank you for taking your time and reading this, because you are about to save yourself the headache and nerve wrecking hours with dealing with "Mike's Subaru" AKA Andre.
First of all I found them on eBay while I was looking for a new engine, I was also looking on craigslist at the same time and Mikes Subaru also came up. So I decided to give them a call and get a quote. I liked the fact that I did not have to wait for the engine to be built. And the price was very reasonable. So went down to mikes Subaru, It was not a shop it was a JUNK YARD. Andre the owner seemed like a nice guy at the time of purchase and seemed to be very helpful. He told me that he will honor a 1 year warranty as long as the engine has been installed by a Certified ASE Mechanic. So I took it to my friends mechanic shop which specializes in Japanese cars. They installed the engine and it ran fine for about 3 months. [continued below]....
As I was driving back home from a trip the engine seized. It came to a complete stop. So I got the car towed about a 100 miles which cost me an arm & leg, I called Andre the next day. He seemed nice again and told me that he would take care of it. This is where the tables turned. I waited, waited, and waited. About a month later he tells me that my mechanic did not install the engine correctly and it caused it to seize. Now That’s not why I’m reporting him for, his next action is what pissed me off. He told me that i had to pay him 700 dollars for diagnosis because its not their fault.
I explained to him that I was not told that there would be a charge if it was my fault and I refused to pay him. He told me that if i don’t pay him he will put a lien on my car. My care is paid off and belongs to me. A few days later my mechanic calls me and tells me that my car is missing from his lot. I immediately call the police. Then a few hours later I get a disturbing call from Andre telling me that I know what to do. Holding my car ransom. Few hours later the police come to the mechanics shop and write a report, They told me it was a civil case.
And i Had to deal with it in court (Which I’m in the process of doing with my attorney(s).) So I called the B.A.R. and spoke to a representative. He told me to get the car out regardless then we can proceed investigating. So I went down to Mike’s Subaru and got my car out after arguing with them for 4 hours and paying them. They called me a liar and told me that I don’t know the law very well while smiling. I Study law. They told me we are charging you at cost for the labor to take your engine apart and see if you qualify for warranty. I will keep you all updated as they case escalates.
Here are some keynotes.
- In the state of California you are required to give a written estimate before and any work can be done and the customer must approve it, and if any additional work arises the customer must be notified and has to agree before continuing the job. In my Case there was no estimate, no paperwork. Everything was verbally done.
- They took/Stole my car without perrmision to their salvage yard.
- They do not build their engines. They buy them from OUTFRONT MOTORSPORTS out in Buena Park.
- They never honored their warranty and called the customer a liar.
- They are a Junk Yard with a office full of a 100 empty Bud Light cans and cigarett butts everywhere.
- They will scam you Andre is a very persuasive man that convinces you that hes always right, even though he doesn’t know what he’s talking about most of the time.
- SAVE YOURSELF THE TIME AND MONEY DO NOT GO THORUGH WHAT IVE BEEN THROUGH. THESE PEOPLE DESIRVE TO BE IN JAIL FOR FRAUD.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2013 11:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mikes-Subaru-Andre/SUN-VALLEY-California-91352/Mikes-Subaru-Andre-Sheldon-Auto-Parts-Total-Rip-off-do-NOT-buy-an-engine-from-them-Th-1108209. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.