planet

• Updated: Mon, January 06, 2014

• Reported By: Cassie — new york New York
Mikias Haile Selassie
542 W. 162nd St. #4 new york, New York USA

Mikias E. H. Selassie Fraud, Thief, Criminal, Con-Artist, Scam, Realtor new york New York

*Author of original report: Still waiting for my restitution

*Author of original report: Mikias Haile Selassie - contact info

Mikias Haile Selassie is a licensed realtor in NYC and has been posting fake ads on Craigslist to get people to respond to him so he can get their contact info and then call them and ask to meet him to see apartments in NYC. The apartment he shows is never the same as the add but it is in the same neighborhood and the rent is the same price range.

He asks you to fill out an application and pay the application fee in cash. Then once you are approved he will ask for a cashier's check made out to Au Courant Real Estate Corp. in the amount of the deposit to hold the place until your move in date. He is the Principle Real Estate Broker at Au Courant. Once he has your money he runs. He never gave your application to management nor did he give them the deposit. You are left without a place to live and in my case $1300 poorer!

He has two different business cards and on one of them he lists that he works for Myers Smith & Granady but he hasn't worked there in over a year because he was fired for doing similar scams while he was there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2014 03:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mikias-Haile-Selassie/new-york-New-York-10032/Mikias-E-H-Selassie-Fraud-Thief-Criminal-Con-Artist-Scam-Realtor-new-york-New-York-1113372. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mikias Haile Selassie

Still waiting for my restitution

AUTHOR: cassie - ()

Mikias Haile Selassie stole $1300 from me and I'm not the only one! He is a thief, liar, criminal, scumbag and disgusting excuse for a human.

His License Number is 10351202286 though it's never listed on his card.

He took my application fee of $100 and 2 days later when I was "approved" he took $1200 from me for the deposit. I later found out that the apartment he showed me was never available for rent and he ran away with my money.

He was arrested in Jan. 2014 and pled guilty in criminal court in March. The ADA informed me that he has not shown up to his sentencing, and thus I have still not received my restitution.

He also didn't show up in small claims court when I sued him and won. He now owes me $1300 plus interest and court fees. I will not give up until I get my money!

Anyone with information on his whereabouts please contact me!

He's been running this scam on a number of people and if you were victimized by him as well please email me.

He has aliases and different numbers and emails but his license number is 10351202286

Thanks!

Mikias Haile Selassie - contact info

AUTHOR: cassie - ()

Real estate license number: 10351202286

Business info for Au Courant Real Estate Corp:

ID number 427896
Business Type: domestic business corp.
Incorporated date: Aug. 2, 2012