Complaint Review: Milanj Diamonds

Milanj Diamonds
160 North Gulph Road King of Prussia, Pennsylvania United States of America

Milanj Diamonds OUTRAGED BY DECEPTION! King of Prussia, Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: The writer is, unequivocally, incorrect

My girlfriend and I were looking (and I stress, we were only LOOKING) at engagement rings at Milanj.  The salesperson was incredibly pushy and, at times, downright rude.  Despite being told that we absolutely were not going to make a purchase on the spot, he insisted that we at least consider our options.  He basically kept trying to "work a deal."

The salesperson insisted that I should at least see what kind of financing I might qualify for in the event that I may make a future purchase.  This seemed reasonable to me, so I authorized what I thought was only a "soft" inquiry into my credit history.  I asked the salesperson MULTIPLE times to clarify what exactly he would be doing when he said he was going to "run some numbers."  He stated that he was NOT processing an application for a retail line of credit and that he was only determining if I would qualify for financing.

Fast forward to a few weeks after our visit to Milanj, and now I have received a Milanj credit card in the mail, issued by Wells Fargo, with a retail line of credit with a $6,200 limit!  I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THIS!!!  MILANJ DIAMONDS OPENED THIS LINE OF CREDIT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!!!

I immediately called and closed the account, but the damage has been done.  The "hard" inquiry into my credit history has cost me points off my credit score.  The closing of the account has cost me points off my credit score.  My girlfriend and I are at a point in our lives where we are ready for marriage and settling into a home.  Every point that has come off my credit score will be held against me when it comes time to apply for a mortgage loan.

Milanj Diamonds has effectively hurt me financially for YEARS to come.  And when I called to speak to the manager, he was dismissive and rude, claiming that "his people would never do such a thing."  He, in essence, called me a liar!

I have honestly never been more disgusted with a place of business in all my life.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2012 04:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Milanj-Diamonds/King-of-Prussia-Pennsylvania-19406/Milanj-Diamonds-OUTRAGED-BY-DECEPTION-King-of-Prussia-Pennsylvania-966579. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Milanj Diamonds

The writer is, unequivocally, incorrect

AUTHOR: David M. - (USA)

My name is David Mazer, and I am the Director and Business Manager for Milanj Diamonds. I appreciate the opportunity to correctly portray exactly what took place within our store.

When clients allow us the privilege of serving them, and in the course of their contemplating the purchase, we share with them that we offer 12 month financing at no interest. Should they be considering paying with a vehicle that bears interest for them, they may wish to utilize the funds we have available, should they qualify.

If they agree to let us look into what monies are available for them, they fill out an application, providing us two forms of identification, and sign off on the application, giving us permission to run the application.

Milanj Diamonds has never, and would never, run an application without the express consent of the applicant, after providing proof of who they are.

Never have we. Never would we.

The sales professional who helped this client is a third-generation jeweler, someone for which we are honored to have on staff. He does not conduct himself as the client as inaccurately proclaimed, nor would he. Further, the management of Milanj Diamonds would not allow for such behavior.

Thank you for your time.