Complaint Review: Milestone Community Builders

• Updated: Mon, April 08, 2013

• Reported By: Josh L — Austin Texas
Milestone Community Builders
7233 Manchaca Rd Austin, TX 78745 Austin, Texas United States of America

Milestone Community Builders Milestone Builders False promises to get you to sign, then stealing your money when they cannot deliver. Austin, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: MileStone Community Builders

They have a good product, however they are very shady with how they handle you.  I was very mislead by their sales representative.  She kept quoting the price of the home, saying that they could do 10-15k off.  She didn't mention until I handed over my earnest money and was actually sitting down signing my contract, that  I was being charged 20k in upgrades that I didn't even want.  I was also adding on a fence and doggy door so I was leery of signing for fear that it was going to be too expensive.

She said (and I quote) "Ah don't worry about it, when the quote comes in for the fence I will say that it's too much and then the builder will throw it in at no cost to you).  Then I get a phone call that I do have to pay for the fence and they need half the cost up front in cash.  So at that point I canceled my contract, and requested my 1k in earnest money back.  I was told it would be about 2 weeks.  That was over a month ago and I am still waiting for my check.  BEWARE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2013 03:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Milestone-Community-Builders/Austin-Texas-78613/Milestone-Community-Builders-Milestone-Builders-False-promises-to-get-you-to-sign-then-st-1041036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Milestone Community Builders

MileStone Community Builders

AUTHOR: MileStone - ()

Good afternoon,
As a local Austin company employing local Austinites, MileStone Community Builders would like to stress that our work ethics and integrity are held to the highest standard. We sincerely apologize for the miscommunication.

The earnest money, as stated in the executed contract is a non-refunable fee. As a measure of good faith, MileStone Community Builders agreed to return the earnest money. As this process requires several departments involvement, it does require time and processing. The request has been processed by our sales department for approval, CEO and accounts payable.

As of April 12,2013 the refund will be hand delivered to the involved parties.

Additionally, we have a customer service and warranty request line and email that we encourage our prospective homebuyers and current homebuyers to utilize as social media is not the standard for these request.

If you wish to communicate further, we encourage you to contact our Director of Sales or Director of Marketing. Please contact our office at 512.686.4986 ext. 309

Respectfully,