Complaint Review: Milestone Marketing

• Submitted: Wed, August 15, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, June 24, 2010

• Reported By:Charlotte North Carolina
Milestone Marketing
Po Box 2470 Davenport, Iowa U.S.A.

Milestone Marketing What a scam using the charlotte chamber of commerce's name Davenport Iowa

*Consumer Comment: He's back at it again...even after prison

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Very True

One good day about 4 months ago trisha Stepanek representing milestone marketing calls my office and gets me in mood and sells me 5,000 magnetic emergency guides at a bargain (too good to true).
The whole process was very professional and they even "recorded the conversation". The sad part is that they even use the name of the Charlotte Chamber of commerce for this scam. I even felt bad that she told me she was going to be on maternity leave and to send the artwork to milestonemktgraphics@yahoo.com.I was directed to their website and asked to send me an email as a confirmation.

Sixty days later I was questionning the fact that they were not asking me for my artwork.I called the 866-932-4141 and I was advised that I needed to wait until 07/07. I waited and waited, now is August and I just called to find out the phone number is disconnected. Now I have to call my credit number to see if I could get a refund.

Stay away from people telemarkerting over the phone and selling you staff. I make a lot of advertising decisions and in this case, my due diligence was poor. Be aware!

Jc alvarado
Charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2007 09:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Milestone-Marketing/Davenport-Iowa-52806/Milestone-Marketing-What-a-scam-using-the-charlotte-chamber-of-commerces-name-Davenport-I-267657. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Milestone Marketing

He's back at it again...even after prison

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

Aphonso Barnum has a new company in Davenport, IA called Adsportsinc.com  Same guise as before, only this time he is also claiming to be a minister.  If he has wronged you and you'd like to request your money back his personal contact information is albarnum2002@yahoo.com                                                         alwwilson1986@yahoo.com                                                                            (309) 721-4086                                                                                             3901 Marquette St.  Ste.2a                                                                       Davenport, Ia 52809

626 8th St.                                                                                              Rock, Island, IL 61202

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Very True

AUTHOR: Trisha - (U.S.A.)

I, Trisha , am very sorry that I ever worked for this company. You are right they were a scam. I, as a salesperson, did my job to the best of my abilities. After the point of sale though I had no control. Mr. Alphonso Barnum did. Instead of getting people their product he spent every last dime on himself. I truly believe in karma. Alphonso Barnum is now in the Scott County Jail and has a federal hold on him for deceptive practices. I resigned from the company a week before the FBI contacted me. I am very sorry I was involved with this. I believe that anyone who paid via credit card can dispute the charges without a problem. If I can be of any assistance to you please let me know. Again I am sorry.

Trisha