Complaint Review: MileyWorld

• Submitted: Thu, February 02, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, February 02, 2012

• Reported By: wakeuptime — United States of America

MileyWorld Smiley Miley Inc. Account Cancelation Isssues Internet

The Milely World website is built so there is no way to confirm or prove that you have requested them to cancel your service.  Specifically, they say in their terms that to cancel service, you should go to their website and uncheck the auto-renew button.  Here is what their UserRules document says:

"You may cancel your Membership at any time prior to your Membership's expiration by visiting the MY WORLD then MY PROFILE section and unchecking the renew box (you will receive an email confirmation), or by contacting the applicable MileyWorld customer service department online or by e-mail (click HELP on the site). We cannot refund accounts that
are not canceled in a timely manner, and we disclaim any liability whatsoever for any eventuality arising from the renewal of your Membership per this section. We reserve the right to change Membership fees at any time prior to your next automatic renewal by notifying you at any time in advance of the effective date of the change. If you do not agree to any such change,
your sole remedy will be to terminate your Membership (by not accepting the renewal)"

When I uncheck the auto-renew button, the web site sends no information saying that I requested that they do not auto renew my account.  They didn't send me email to confirm as they said they were going to do, yet I get other autosend email from them when I submit questions from their website.

I unchecked the autorenew button back in August 2011 yet my account was auto renewed at the end of Jan 2012.  I went into the website after it auto renewed and the auto-renew button was already unchecked.  I have no way to know for sure that they will actually act on this.  They have my check card number and there is no way I can get it deleted from their site using their web site.  Very frustrating.  I guess I will start calling them, but I'm guessing that will be futile since it is clear they don't want it to be easy to cancel their membership.

I don't want my money back, I just want them to stop charging me and I don't want to have to spend hours doing it.

Miley's a great singer and seems to be a good kid - too bad she's associating with people that are ripping people off by making it ridiculously difficult to get out of her fan club web site.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2012 09:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MileyWorld/internet/MileyWorld-Smiley-Miley-Inc-Account-Cancelation-Isssues-Internet-833154. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MileyWorld