• Report: #203735

• Submitted: Mon, July 31, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, July 31, 2006

• Reported By:South Boston Massachusetts
Milinex IGIA
20100 S Vermont Ave Torrance, California U.S.A.

Milinex IGIA ripoff Torrance California

I, too was suckered into this scam. I am shocked to see all the complaints about this company. I saw the ad on TV and called and ordered the vacuum. It was buy one, get one free. Plus free steamer. I called and got the automated order process. After about 20 minutes of ordering, it was complete and I never got a total amount or delivery date( I ordered express delivery). After about a month, I called and got an automated message stating " due to high demand- vacuum is on back order, will be shipped as soon as available". Well, vacuums finally arrived, however I received 4 of them along with an "order receipt" that had $529.50 worth of charges on it. Needless to say, I called the Customer Service right away. I was on hold for 1 1/2 hours! I never got a person and hung up

I tried again a few days later. I got a person after waiting nearly 2 hours on hold. I spoke with "agent 12" she explained the charges on order receipt. I explained that I received not 2 but 4 vacuums and nothing else on the order receipt and was charged 529.50 on my credit card. She stated that I should not have been charged for any item that was not shipped to me. She told me to return the vacuums and that the supervisor did returns on Wednesday and I would be refunded money. So, I schlepped the big box these came in to the PO and retund to sender.

Well here I am a full 4 months later and I was refunded $70 on my card. (Which from the stories I have read, should consider myself lucky) Still have not received supposed free steamer or accessories. I called Citicard and reported fradulent charges. They have posted a temporary credit to my account and are mailing me the dispute form.

I have also contacted the Attorney General Office in CA- (phone # 916-322-3360 and NY- 212-416-8000.

I don't know how many people are out there, but this company is unbelievable! I hope they are not still airing their ads and selling this to more innocent people. I have never ordered anythign from these stupid informacials, as now I know why.

South Boston, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2006 09:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Milinex-IGIA/Torrance-California-90502/Milinex-IGIA-ripoff-Torrance-California-203735. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Milinex IGIA