rank

• Reported By: Thomas — Hollywood Florida USA
Mill House Inn E. Hampton
31 North Main St E Hampton, New York United States of America

Mill House Inn E. Hampton WORST SERVICE EVER!!!! E Hampton, New York

*Consumer Comment: It is "a d**k," not, "an d**k".

*Consumer Comment: Ah, Bridge and Tunnel culture...

*Author of original report: Steve you are an dick

*Consumer Comment: OK, I think I know what is going on here...

*Author of original report: And as for not saying Squat...

*Author of original report: Steve get a clue

*Consumer Comment: Well, "belieive" it or not...

*Author of original report: To Steve the budinsky

*Consumer Comment: lol, just re-read this thread - OP is a freak.

*Author of original report: Reply to Mill House Inn's rebuttal

*Consumer Comment: To the OP- out of curiosity, what were you doing in EH?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We Take our Hospitality Very Seriously

We stayed at the Mill House inn last summer for 3 nights.The room cost was $1500 per night.We had no AC and they put in noisy window units,the fireplace did not work properly,we got locked out of the room several times due to the fact that they had a new card system that didn't work properly and they did nothing about any of these problem.When we contacted American Express to report all this they denied any of  it happened and when i provided picture prooof they said we never complained.They are total liars all of them Jay,Steven Gary and Sylvia.They would not even make a small adjustment in the bill.I would not recomend this inn to anyone.there are much better places to stay in the Hamptons and the people are nicer and honest.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2012 10:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mill-House-Inn-E-Hampton/E-Hampton-New-York-11937/Mill-House-Inn-E-Hampton-WORST-SERVICE-EVER-E-Hampton-New-York-820538. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mill House Inn E. Hampton

It is "a d**k," not, "an d**k".

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

Sorry, couldn't resist again. I see you are keeping up your level of class (and eloquence), what with the "balls" comment. The thinly veiled threat goes nicely with your incessant bragging about your wealth speaks volumes about your background.

Ah, Bridge and Tunnel culture...

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

"Any time you want to match W-2's I am ready.You can carry my luggage into the next hotel I stay at."

Classy. I am sure you have plenty of income, which you obviously take pride in, but like many of the "new rich," you don't seem to understand it adds anything to your arguments. I do love people from Jersey (bet you have some garish rings to display your wealth). And by the way, you meant "W-2s," no apostrophe (sorry, I couldn't resist - your poor writing skills have nothing to do with this either).

In any event, I am not a "shill" for the B&B; I just happen to be fan of B&Bs, and occasionally have to deal with other guests like yourself that grouse about this and that. They, and you, would be better off going to a high-end hotel (such as the Mandarin). Anyway, if you think I am a shill, you can see that there are many other reports I have commented on (e.g. 826593, 830320, 830299, 709427, etc.).

Good luck with your future travels. Those that Google "Mill House" and land on this site will draw their own conclusions about the validity of your complaints. And those that Google "Thomas Pronesti" will draw their own conclusions as to what kind of a person you are. Congratulations.

Steve you are an dick

AUTHOR: Thomas Pronesti - (USA)

No one asked for a refund just a small adjustment to show they cared.As for you no one who is not associated with the Mill House Inn or who doesn't have a vested interest in this case would care this much.

As I said I am in E Hanpton  week of July 16th and I would like you to say these insulting things to my face and see how much of a man you are.What do you stay Steve?Got any balls?

OK, I think I know what is going on here...

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

I am guessing the reason why Thomas Pronesti did not complain at all while he was there is that he did not want his complaints addressed. It sounds like he was planning on doing the charge-back the entire time - hey, you get to stay at a wonderful B&B (and judging by their TripAdvisor reviews, it is an amazing, world-class play), and not have to pay! This is why you use Amex - they are amazingly consumer-friendly when it comes to charge-backs. But this was too ridiculous even for them.

Given the sites that come up when you Google him, he seems to have taken a few people for a lot more than $4,500 in the past; let's just say he is not the biggest fan of the Golden Rule.

Oh well. Once bridge-and-tunnel, always bridge-and-tunnel :)

And as for not saying Squat...

AUTHOR: Thomas Pronesti - (USA)

Do you think as the owners admit we were locked out of our room and didn't say anything?Do you think we couldn't warm the room up and the fireplace didn't work and we didn't say anything.Do you think they promised for 3 days to fix the AC and they didn't and we said nothing?Steve get a clue.We stay at the Peninsula Beverly Hills and the Mandarin in NYC several times a year.I think we know how to speak up when we need to and you know what? I think you are a SHILL for the Mill House because any normal person would not be insulting someone they don't even know or about facts that we have proff of.

However I will be in E hampton this summer again staying somewhere else and if you would like to meet so you can say this to my face let me know.

Steve get a clue

Steve,

It was late and I was tired but any time you want to match W-2's I am ready.You can carry my luggage into the next hotel I stay at.

Well, "belieive" it or not...

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

I also would think someone who could afford a $1500/night room would be able to spell, use proper punctuation, know when to capitalize words, etc.

In any event, you are complaining about this many months after the fact, so I am inclined to believe the owners when they say you did say squat when you were there. If you want to get good service, you have to step up when you are there, not whine on an Internet site way later.

To Steve the budinsky

Steve,

We were in the Hamptons because we dropped our child offf at Summer camp.And yes it's expensive but itt was not a special occasion.We just like to stay in nice places.

As for your second reply which you call me a freak for $1500 a day I expect them to fix the AC not put in window units and for your information they were the one's who set them on "high" and ran them all day prior to our arrival and the room was so cold we need ed to warm it up with a fire.you got that Steve?

And we didn't wait months to complain we spoke to jay their manager every day about the problems and then notified Amex after we returned to Florida.

And thanks for the advice but belieive it or not Steve a person who can afford $1500 a night can operate an AC unit.

lol, just re-read this thread - OP is a freak.

Tom -

•  They obviously have central AC, and put in the wall units temporarily because the AC was on the fritz.  That is why they do not feature the wall units in their pics. What do you want, a real-time web cam showing the exact current state of the rooms?

• You had to be told that you might not be so cold if you set the AC to "auto" instead of "high"?

• You complain about the fireplace not working. In the summer

Forgive me for not taking your complaints seriously, especially since you waited months after the fact to speak up. You ain't gotta lot of credibility here.

I would look at the money you spend as tuition; you actually learned how to push a button on an air conditioner! :)

Reply to Mill House Inn's rebuttal

AUTHOR: Thomas Pronesti - (USA)

It is interesting to note in the picture the Mill House Inn posted with their rebuttal there are no window air conditioner units shown.You know why? Becasue they are not supposed to be there and were only put in our room because the A/C did not work.For $1500 per day I don't want noisy  window units and they were not shown on the web site in the same picture they posted.It just proves these people have no clue.

To the OP- out of curiosity, what were you doing in EH?

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

I only ask because I see you are from Florida, and most of us that go to the Hamptons are from the city (as you know, since you grew up in New Jersey), so we can go to the beach. Who travels all the way from Florida to go to East Hampton, one of the most expensive towns in the country? I mean heck, I don't know if I would ever go there if I did not have family there (cuts down on the expenses).

Speaking of expensive, even for East Hampton $1500 a night is ridiculously high. Looking on their webpage, you would have had to of picked the most expensive room (an "Extraordinary Suite") to get that kind of rate. I'm not saying you shouldn't have done that; I'm just wondering what kind of occasion warranted that kind of outlay.

Oh, and to the B&B owners - it wouldn't of killed you to have made a "small adjustment" to the bill, as the OP puts it. Instead of offering him a free night (I have to image he wouldn't want show his face after making this report), throw him a bone of $1500 (i.e. the cost of one night).

And BTW, a 10% "service charge" on top of your published rates is just tacky. Bump up your rates, and eliminate any such junk fees.

Funnily enough, the OP (Thomas Pronesti) has a ripoff report filed against him (#678456).

#12 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We Take our Hospitality Very Seriously

AUTHOR: smuller - (United States of America)

The Mill House Inn is a small Boutique Luxury Hotel with a Resident Manager and Innkeepers residing on property. A General Manager, Front Desk Staff, Housekeeping and Maintenance personnel are also on property 18 hours a day. We take our Brand of Hamptons Hospitality very seriously; the MHI Team takes great pride in delivering exceptional guest services and outstanding accommodations.

Our guest to staff ratio is often one to one, assuring prompt service and exceptional attention to detail. We believe that our check-in procedures are equally important; we explain in detail hotel amenities, services offered and how everything works! Our staff cares, they care about every detail of a guests stay, from the moment the reservation is taken to well after the guest has returned safely home.

Even with constant maintenance, systems may fail and it is important to have a contingency plan. When this guest checked in the HVAC system was being repaired and the suite was already being cooled with brand new ultra quiet portable AC units. When management was alerted that the suite was too cold we explained that the auto-temp setting might be more appropriate than being continuously set on High. When we explained the AC settings the guest was satisfied. We do understand the allure of Ceiling Fans, AC and Fireplaces being used simultaneously, though they may conflict at times. We were there to relight the fireplace as needed and adjusted the pilot light - hoping the guest would enjoy a cozy fire on a warm summer evening!

Unfortunately the guest was locked out of their room once. The new electronic lock was checked several times and found to be in proper working order. We explained that the door needed to be completely closed for the lock to function properly. Staff did explain that we would immediately respond to a call any time day or night, fortunately there was no further incident.

Overall, the interaction we had with the guest was very positive.  At no time during the stay did the guest voice any discontent with their accommodations or afford the Inn and its management the opportunity to try and make their stay more comfortable; a chance all of us would have valued. After receiving a chargeback inquiry from the credit card company three months after the departure date listing these complaints, we offered the guest a free night on us for a future stay.  We hope he will take us up on this offer and experience our hospitality at its best.