Complaint Review: Millenium Marketing Group, Ltd.

• Submitted: Mon, February 07, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, June 24, 2011

• Reported By: B owen — el dorado Kansas U.S.A.
Millenium Marketing Group, Ltd.
10550 Marty Street Overland Park, Kansas United States of America

Millenium Marketing Group, Ltd. Millenium duds, evasive, unenthusiastic, unprofessional Overland Park, Kansas

*Consumer Comment: Right on the money about Millennium Marketing

*Consumer Comment: A Comment Concerning Millenium Marketing Group

We didn't have a good experience with Millenium Marketing. They put on a good show while trying to recruit us. They were so nice and accomodating and so interested in us and our product. That is until we paid our fee in full. From there it was a whole different story. We went months with no contact from them, and when we called them, there was no enthusiasm from them at all. It was more like "yeah, what do you want now?"

Their idea of marketing is to put together a "Media Packet" to send out to prospective companies that are interested in marketing the patented product. I was really surprised when  we received our copy of the packet. A C student in high school could have done a better job. I had to go through the whole thing making corrections in wording, spelling, and grammar. When I called the person who had prepared the "Media Packet" we spent hours making all the corrections. She was probably thinking to herself,"This person really thinks someone's going to read this thing."

Millenium doesn't utilize New Product Conventions by renting a booth to demonstrate the product. They say they feel they can just visit with the people who go to these conventions and make contacts that way. Yeah, fat chance of that.

I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that they, in my opinion, did not earn the fee we paid them. They just wasted a year of our patent life and our money to accomplish absolutely nothing. When the year contract was up, they didn't even have the courtesy to call us on the phone to say, "Sorry but we weren't able to get any interested companies for your product." I believe they stay afloat as a company merely by collecting the fees.

You've probably heard this before, but it fits these people so well that it bears repeating--There's a special place in Hell for people who prey on the hopes and dreams of others. This is a fate they so richly deserve.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2011 08:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Millenium-Marketing-Group-Ltd/Overland-Park-Kansas-66212/Millenium-Marketing-Group-Ltd-Millenium-duds-evasive-unenthusiastic-unprofessional-Ov-692168. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Millenium Marketing Group, Ltd.

Right on the money about Millennium Marketing

AUTHOR: Leslie Hash - (United States of America)

Your observation of them is spot on. You were wise to stay away.

A Comment Concerning Millenium Marketing Group

AUTHOR: Wary-eye - (U.S.A.)

I did not know who Millenium Marketing Group was until earlier this week when I entered it as a search term to find out who or what the name referenced.

About a week ago, I received a call from some young man claiming to be with Millenium Marketing Group.  He said that my name came across his desk because I had become involved with a particular online business, which he named, and it was his job to check to see if I was progressing satisfactorily.

I had become involved with the named business, after doing a search here on The Ripoff Report, but called and cancelled about 15-20 minutes later because I ran into trouble and the support link went to a notice that that page did not exist:  not that it couldn't be found, or might have been moved, but Did Not Exist.  The Customer Service Rep I spoke with did not argue and sent the company a cancellation message, of which a copy was forwarded to my email.

Anyway, I was surprised by the call and rudely told the young man to dispose of my name.  He said that my name would land on his desk anytime I Ever became involved in Any online business.  This upset me a very great deal to think that any one company would have that much control over the internet, and is probably the only reason I remembered the company name.

Imagine how much more surprised I was to discover that Millenium Marketing Group supposedly is an Invention Marketing company, especially since I had recently done just such a search myself and their name did not come up.  When I did stumble across references to MMG, none of the comments about them were positive, save the comment made by their own corporate president in rebuttal to others.

If you haven't gone this route, try checking with your local Inventor's support group to ask about reputable Marketing and Development help.  Unfortunately, the BBB is not an adequate source as it does not cross-reference businesses in a manner that would be useful.  If a corporation has more than one business location you must search the entry for each one to get a general picture of that corporation's overall rating.  You might also try searching "Inventor Education."  Good Luck.