Complaint Review: Millenium Processing Center

• Submitted: Sun, January 14, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, January 20, 2007

• Reported By:Dawson Illinois
Millenium Processing Center
4850 Roman Square, PO Box 380 St. Thomas, Vergin Islands Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Millenium Processing Center Said I won $50,000 need to contact to receive, sent me check 2962.30 St. Thomas Vergin Islands

*Consumer Suggestion: Advice for Suzanne

*Consumer Comment: Totally Ripped me off

Received a letter stating I won $50,000 in the U.K. Random Lottery. Said I must contact my agent Megan Green at Millenium Processing Center. Sent me a check in the amount of $2,962.30 to help pay for the international clearance fees. The check was supposedly from Nu-Kote International, Inc. from Franklin, TN. I Googled U.K. Random Lottery and found a site that is listed with a bunch of people who received the same type of letter and it was a scam so I thought I would report this.

Beverly
Dawson, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2007 08:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Millenium-Processing-Center/St-Thomas-Vergin-Islands-00642-8720/Millenium-Processing-Center-Said-I-won-50000-need-to-contact-to-receive-sent-me-check-2-230573. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Millenium Processing Center

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Advice for Suzanne

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

You have to give the money back to your bank. After you do that, no one else will bother you. Your contract with the bank requires you to repay checks that you cash or deposit and then come back bad for whatever reason.

You're lucky that you didn't get thru to the scammers on the phone. They would've told you to send money to one of them via Western Union. Then the money would be gone.

The reason the scam works is because a bank has no way to be sure if the check is good or not until it goes all the way back to the person or company who allegedly wrote it. It often takes weeks. Meanwhile, they are obligated to give you the money within days. If the check is a forgery, that account holder has the right to tell their bank not to pay it. Then that bank will take the money back from your bank, and your bank will take the money back from you.

Totally Ripped me off

AUTHOR: Suzanne - (U.S.A.)

I have recieved the same letter and a check that appears to be valid. I took it to the bank and cashed the check. The bank gave me the money, afterwards i went home and called the number as instructed and it rang and rang and rang, and i never got an anwser. 2 weeks later the bank froze all my accounts, and assets. Im not sure what the goal of this was because i never actually reached anyone when i called, but it really made things difficult.

Now, im waiting to see what i can do and what actions will be taken by the bank, or whoever about me.

Am i responsible? Is there so legality that im going to be charged for??? How could i have known?

If the check was bad or whatever, why would the bank give me the money from it????

Very confused, and if anyone has input please let me know.