Complaint Review: Millenium Sports Network

• Updated: Mon, February 04, 2013

• Reported By: Doug — Flower Mound Texas United States of America
Millenium Sports Network
7012 Stinnett Dr. Plano, Texas United States of America

Millenium Sports Network John Frow Failure to Pay for Services Rendered Plano, Texas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Millennium Sports Experience

To whom this may concern:

As a Broadcasting and Production Professional i provided my services to John From and Millenium Sports Network.  My last date of contract employment was Nov 15nd 2012.  I have still not be paid for services rendered($200.00).   Mr. Frow continues to delay not only paying myself but others in the industry that have done similar work for Millenium Sports Network both this last year and over the past couple of years.

Thru investigation i have found he has judgements against him and his personal property and has a long history of unethical business practices.  This note is simply a warning for those whom he may employ on a contract  basis in the future.  Beware!  To all potential Contractors, Sponsors,  Athletic Booster Clubs, ISD's and Coaches you will be taken.  If someone doesn't let others know, then this calculated individual will continue to defraud others for years to come.

Time to stop the perpetrator!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2013 12:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Millenium-Sports-Network/Plano-Texas-75024/Millenium-Sports-Network-John-Frow-Failure-to-Pay-for-Services-Rendered-Plano-Texas-1008628. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Millenium Sports Network

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Millennium Sports Experience

AUTHOR: TEJ - (United States of America)

I was an independent contractor for Millennium Sports for one season during which time I broadcast about a dozen games.  The whole experience was less than satisfactory.  Mr. Frow is belittling, abrasive, and many times, just plain difficult.

I was paid for my services, but in many increments and every payment I got was a minimum three weeks late.  Although I was paid (eventually), I always had to drive to meet Mr. Frow's to pick up payments.  At one point he told me "your check is in the mail".  Two weeks later when I had not recieved it, he told me that he forgot to mail it.  Between commuting to all the games, and to pick up equipment and payments, I actually ended up LOSING money working for Mr. Frow.

I do know for a fact that others have still not recieved any payment for their service rendered.  In addition, Mr. Frow has no real rationalization for the compensation he provides.  For example, I was being paid about half what another broadcaster was getting, and I was doing far more work.

Mr. Frow also made promises of gift cards from sponsors, and what he called a "end of the year bonus" which nobody ever received.

You are also required to download all of the spots and several unnecessary programs for advertising to your personal computer.  This almost ruined my laptop.  You are required to run these spots in a scripted order according to Mr. Frow, and the script itself is far too complicated for a two man broadcast team.  He expects the play-by-play broadcaster to arrive two and a half hours before gametime, set up equipment, get interviews, and the run all the spots during the game while trying to do play-by-play.  Basically, one man is doing four jobs (engineer, producer, board op, play-by-play) for less than a hundred dollars per game.  Unfortunately, any suggestions about expediting the process fall on deaf ears.

Basically the whole experience was a nightmare from beginning to end.  I suggest that you steer clear of Millennium Sports if you expect a professional working environment or fair compensation for your services.

This is in no way meant to be libelous or defamitory, these are FACTS and nothing I've said is in any way fictitious.