Complaint Review: Millenium Travel & Promotions

• Submitted: Mon, November 19, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, November 19, 2012

• Reported By: Mike F — League City Texas United States of America
Millenium Travel & Promotions
424 Luna Bella Lane, Unit 115 New Smyrna Beach, Florida United States of America

Millenium Travel & Promotions Bait and Switch - Lying - Misrepresentation - Scammers New Smyrna Beach, Florida

On June 30th, I attended a sales meeting from a third party time share presentation, who awarded me Millenium Travels "Free Cruise" prize. I was instructed to send in $100, which I did on July 2nd, to collect my reward. After I sent the $100 (on July 24th) I was instructed via mail to select TWO dates and TWO ports (for a total of 4 choices) for my travel preference, along with $434.

I chose Galveston or Seattle as my departure ports, and chose Nov 10th or Jan 20th. After saying they couldn't find anything suitable in November, and finally after multiple calls over the months waiting for a status, they call back and say they can give me "New Orleans on Jan 26th" (neither the date, nor port I selected), PLUS another $630 would be due for additional port taxes!! Keep in mind, this was a "Free Cruise"! I've been on muliple 7-day cruises and know port taxes aren't that much.

The Millenium Travel Rep said the cruise was free, but the port taxes were going to be higher than the $434 port fees I already submitted by ANOTHER $630 on top of that (port taxes are not $1064 for a cruise out of Galveston, yet alone New Orleans)-- They still have my $534 (which they say they will mail to me - right!).

They are scammers and liars!!! Their fine print has so many obstacles to claiming this, and I was very detailed to follow all of it since I've travelled using these type promotions before (and I know everything has to be done EXACTLY or they rebuke the whole deal!)

Why even offer a date or departure city choice if you can't honor it...Millenium are con-artists and use "bait and switch" tactics! I've never felt so ripped off! I've done these type travel offers before, and they only work if you follow them exactly (which I did!). Stay away -- I can only imagine the very few who "recommend" this place are friends or employees.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2012 02:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Millenium-Travel-Promotions/New-Smyrna-Beach-Florida-32168/Millenium-Travel-Promotions-Bait-and-Switch-Lying-Misrepresentation-Scammers-New-971438. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Millenium Travel & Promotions