Complaint Review: Millennium Travel

• Submitted: Wed, March 04, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, March 17, 2009

• Reported By:Newland North Carolina
Millennium Travel
4647 South Clyde Morris Blvd Port Orange, Florida U.S.A.

Millennium Travel Company Rip Off Port Orange Florida

*Consumer Comment: Please Note that there are multiple Millennium Travel companies. The one described here is Millennium Travel & Promotions in Port Orange, FL.

I received a travel certificate after attending a long travel club presentation. This certificate sounded great so, I filled it out and mailed within 21 days. I was told by Grand Discovery that I needed to send in a $50 deposit with it. This is what I did, but got it returned saying I didn't send enough deposit. I looked again at the instructions and yes it said $50 per person. I called both Grand Discovery and Millenium Travel and neither company would allow me to send the extra money, even though it is just a deposit. I did talk to managers at both companies and all I got was sorry.

My question is --if this is a deposit and I am going to get it back. What is the big deal, about letting me sent in the rest of the deposit now. It seems to be another one of the ways they are getting out of honoring the contract. Also, if you do everything correct, the contract says that "Millennium Travel reserves the right to change the terms of perticipation without notice". How can this be??

My advice--- stay clear of both Grand Discovery and Millenium Travel. Both are a RIP OFF. Do not waste your time or money with either company??? My guess is that they pay next to nothing for this package, and most do not succeed in jumping thru the many hoops to actually travel.

Please learn from my mistakes!!

Tdbear
Newland, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2009 10:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Millennium-Travel/Port-Orange-Florida-32129/Millennium-Travel-Company-Rip-Off-Port-Orange-Florida-430657. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Millennium Travel

AUTHOR: Candace - (U.S.A.)

I just want to clarify that Millennium Travel in Carmel Valley, California, (((Link Redacted)))is NOT the organization offering these travel vouchers. We are a small, upscale travel agency that happens to be called Millennium Travel. We do not send out any sort of vouchers and are not associated with Millennium Travel and Promotions located in Port Orange, Florida.

We get numerous phone calls for this organization because it can be difficult to find their contact information if you don't know their website (www.mtap.us).