Complaint Review: Milstead Automotive

• Updated: Mon, August 13, 2012

• Reported By: Mike — Magnolia Texas United States of America
Milstead Automotive
29707 W Hawthorne Spring, Texas United States of America

Milstead Automotive Milstead Towing Milstead Aotomotive and Topwing are CROOKS Spring, Texas

*Consumer Comment: I hope to never encounter Milstead again.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Milstead Kindness Ignored After Year Long Appeal

Milstead charged $almost $400 to tow from Magnolia to Spring which is 15 miles, which my Insurance paid. The repairs to my vehicle was not done when they promised and they reposessed my vehicle after we had an agreement on me paying the additional charges I couldn't afford when my vehicle was eventually ready to pick up.  They have lied, decieved me and believe they are above the rules and laws. I stopped in Bremond, Tx, about 2 hours north of Magnolia on SH14 the other day, and spoke to Mike of Mikes Wrecker svc, to ask if someone can reposess my truck without a lien filed with the County Clerk. He said no, and asked who towed the vehicle, I told him, Milstead of Spring Tx.  His only comment was " Friggin Crooks, Look out".  And this is 2 hours up the road from where Milstead does business !!!   I am going to get them in front of a Judge and burn their ass.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2012 05:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Milstead-Automotive/Spring-Texas-77386/Milstead-Automotive-Milstead-Towing-Milstead-Aotomotive-and-Topwing-are-CROOKS-Spring-Tex-895410. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Milstead Automotive

I hope to never encounter Milstead again.

AUTHOR: Collage1 - (United States of America)

They are an absolutely disgusting excuse for a company.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Milstead Kindness Ignored After Year Long Appeal

AUTHOR: dw pr / marketing, media & public r - (United States of America)

Having served our community for more than 40 years we surely cannot make everyone happy though it is our number one goal to do so. We want to know first-hand when someone is upset and truly do not like to read reports such as this one. This customer is one that we have tried to work with for the past year - since June 2011.

We did service his vehicle correctly but he wrote us an insufficient check for his repairs. We tried to work out a payment plan for the last year to get him to make restitution. Most companies would have filed on him, but we did not. We are your neighborhood automotive shop and we did try to work off the books so that he could pay for his repairs. We tried to do the right and neighborly thing as we have with so many customers over the years. In this case, this customer has only made one payment of $50 over the course of one full year and after repeated phone calls did have his vehicle picked up when he no longer responded to our calls.

If he had just sent us even $40 a month his repairs would have been taken care of. As it is, he has never paid for his repairs from one year ago and has paid only $50 out of pocket for any Milstead service. I feel we have been more than kind.

Milstead Automotive