Complaint Review: Milwaukee cycle Salvage & Supply

• Updated: Thu, November 15, 2012

• Reported By: Chetry — Portland Oregon United States of America
Milwaukee cycle Salvage & Supply
5754 N Teutonia Ave Milwaukee, Wisconsin United States of America

Milwaukee cycle Salvage & Supply I ordered a brake rotor, they sent the wrong rotor. I sent it back, they refused to refund my money Milwaukee, Wisconsin

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Under new ownership since 2010

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Under new ownership since 2010

*Author of original report: Response to Milwaukee Motorcycle Salvage allegation of a false report

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: False report, so this site can sell services

I ordered a brake rotor from them, they sent the wrong rotor. It was obviously different from the original one on my bike. First they tried to talk me into letting them sending me bolts to try to make it fit despite the fact it was not the same.

I responded that it was quite obvious that this brake rotor was not intended for my bike, as the original has countersunk holes for the mounting bolts. Then, they told me by e-mail that I could send it back. After I sent it, I received a nasty e-mail telling me "Just put it on and forget about it!"

They took the rotor I returned back to them, and my $145 payment, and refused to refund my money, so I was out of $145.00 plus both the shipping costs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2012 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Milwaukee-cycle-Salvage-Supply/-Milwaukee-Wisconsin-53209/Milwaukee-cycle-Salvage-Supply-I-ordered-a-brake-rotor-they-sent-the-wrong-rotor-I-se-968171. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Milwaukee cycle Salvage & Supply

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Under new ownership since 2010

AUTHOR: Milwaukee Cycle - (United States of America)

Thank you for taking the time to call it was a pleasure talking with you, myself and the new crew at Milwaukee Cycle look forward to helping you the next time you have a need.

Ride Safe

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Under new ownership since 2010

AUTHOR: Milwaukee Cycle - (United States of America)

Milwaukee Cycle is under new ownership since April of 2010.

From the correspondence you posted it appears that you where dealing with the old owner in June of 2008.  We have taken the store and our customer service to new levels which shows in our feedback rating which went from 89% to 99.7% in two years.

I appologize for the past interaction you had, and hope you will give us another chance so I can show you who we are now. I would ask that you please give me a call me.

414-466-7707

Response to Milwaukee Motorcycle Salvage allegation of a false report

AUTHOR: Chetry - (United States of America)

Here is a transcript of the e-mails sent between myself, and Milwaukee Motorcycle Salvage. I have removed my name and my e-mail address:

FROM ME:

:To whom it may concern:
I attempted to replace the rear rotor on my 2001 Honda Valkyrie GL1500CD with the rotor I received from Milwaukee Cycle Salvage. The old rotor from the bike has countersunk mounting holes for the bolts that fasten it in place. The rotor I received from you is different; it has mounting holes that are non-countersunk. I wish to return it for the proper rotor, or receive a refund.

Attached are pictures of the two rotors, and their differences, and a pdf file of the invoice. Please respond ASAP, as I need to get this resolved as quickly as possible

FROM MILWAUKEE MOTORCYCLE SALVAGE:

it looks like everything else is exactly the same ? (diameter-hole location etc) if so how about if I send you right out the bolt kit for that?

D

FROM ME:
The rotor can actually be fastened in place with the existing bolts, but regardless of whatever type of bolts that are used, it will result in the bolt heads being raised above the surface of the new rotor.

I figure that there must be some very good reason that the holes in the old rotor are countersunk, perhaps to make clearance between the rotor and the brake caliper bracket, or the perhaps the brake caliper itself.

Also, it seems that with the way the machined shoulders on the existing bolts fit precisely into the countersunk area of the bolt holes in the rotor, this design detail would also allow for much more surface area on the bolts to withstand much greater braking torque being exerted against the rotor. Even if bolt head clearance really isn't a problem, I'd rather not take the chance of altering the original configuration.

If you have a rear rotor for a 2001 Valkyrie GL1500 CD that DOES have the countersunk bolt holes, I'd rather send this one back to you, and do an exchange. If not, I'd rather get a refund, and try to find the exact replacement rotor.

FROM MILWAUKEE MOTORCYCLE SALVAGE:

That is from a valkerie -perhaps not the same year-what Im getting at is I can send you the exact bolts for that rotor-the rotors other than being countersunk are the same are they not?

FROM ME:

I'm quite sure, as you are saying, the rotor you sent me IS from a Valkyrie. I'm not doubting that. Perhaps there was some engineering change mid-year, or on this particular model of Valkyrie.

Also, I understand perfectly well what you're saying about the possibility of sending me other bolts; what I'm saying that because there is NO countersinking on the replacement rotor I received from you, no matter what type or style of bolts are substituted, the bolt heads MUST extend well above the surface of the replacement rotor.

There must be some really good reason that such a change was done on this model. I'm sure Honda would not go to the all trouble of doing this change without there being a valid technical reason for doing this.

Even if the rotor can be made to fit with other bolts, I'd rather not have to worry about why this version was made with the recessed holes and bolts that have a machined shoulder to fit into those holes. I'd rather keep it in stock condition, and not worry about what effects this alteration might have.

As I said before, If you have a rear rotor for a 2001 Valkyrie GL1500 CD that DOES have the countersunk bolt holes, I'd rather send this one back to you, and do an exchange. If not, I'd rather get a refund, and try to find the exact replacement rotor.

BOLT ON THE 1 I SENT YOU AND FORGET ABOUT IT

Date: 2008/06/16
Mon PM 05:22:01 EST

> To:
parts@milwaukeecycle.com

> Subject:
USEDMOTORCYCLEPARTS.NET: 2001 Honda/Valkyrie, GL1500CD

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

False report, so this site can sell services

AUTHOR: Milwaukee Cycle - (United States of America)

We are a small company with very personal service, we have not sold a brake rotor for this amount or have we EVER told a customer "Just put it on and forget about it!".  We have NEVER had somone return a part and then not return thier money. We have been in business for 25 years and have a feedback rating of 99.7% on e-bay, you don't achieve that by ripping people off.

The best I can figure is that this is a false, "anonymous" report so this site can sell it's services.

We have the midwest largest selection of used motorcycle parts and take great pride in our store and employees. If you have any questions about our parts or services please give me a call.

414-466-7707