Complaint Review: Mineral Science

• Submitted: Fri, May 30, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, May 30, 2008

• Reported By:Mosinee Wisconsin
Mineral Science
13710 Hutton Drive Farmers Branch, Texas U.S.A.

Mineral Science Their advertisment is "14 day free trial." NOT! It should say, 14 day delayed billing. After 14 days you are billed for $59.99 Farmers Branch Texas

The advertising for this product is a scam of the first degree. One is billed $7.95 for shipping of the "Free Trial" make-up. The trial is not free since at the end 14 days they will automatically bill your credit card for $59.99. Added to the initial billing of $7.95 is an addional $1.00, which is not optional, and not mentioned in the ad, essentially is your club membership fee. As a member they will then, after billing you $59.99 for your "free trial", automatically bill you every 2 months for a new shipment of make-up.

I called the service number to cancel out and the message box was too full to accept my message. I sent an email to the service department asking for an RMA# to return the product and the reponse was that they would get back to me in a few business days. They have an on-line service chat and it seems to be half automated and half a live person. The bottom line was only an offer to keep my "free trial" at a discounted price. (The clock is ticking here.) I finally called Mineral Science directly at 866-363-6797. (Have your paperwork handy when you do get through to them!) I was lucky to be early in the call line and cancel out of the membership.

So let's see. I have spent $8.95 for all this hassle, I can return my used make-up (although I didn't use it) for another shipping fee, and I get to keep my cheap little make-up case as a "free gift." I wonder if the "free" make-up I received was used by someone else who had to return it! By the way, I ordered this bad deal through responding to a survey on CNN.com. Beware. (I have a pop-up blocker.)

Ripped Off
Mosinee, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2008 03:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mineral-Science/Farmers-Branch-Texas-75234/Mineral-Science-Their-advertisment-is-14-day-free-trial-NOT-It-should-say-14-day-de-335866. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mineral Science