Complaint Review: Mini Vacations, Inc. Aka MVI Marketing

• Submitted: Thu, March 02, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, March 03, 2006

• Reported By:Wellington Florida
Mini Vacations, Inc. Aka MVI Marketing
410 Ware Blvd., 9th Floor Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Mini Vacations, Inc. A/k/a MVI Marketing Closed their doors, Took our $2049.00 and are now nowhere to be found Tampa Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Kristina contacts numbers where you might find help

We were contacted last year by a telemarketing company called PERFECT MARKETING out of Tempe, AZ. We were told that if we attended a travel presentation provided by GLOBAL VACATION VENTURES in West Palm Beach, FL, we would receive a voucher for a FREE vacation or cruise.

After attending the presentation, we did receive our voucher from GLOBAL sending us to Minivacations, Inc. out of Tampa, FL. We contacted them and after several upgrades (balcony room, time of year, etc) we were in it for $2,049.00.

We put a $500.00 deposit down in Aug. 2005 and were told the balance was due by Dec 12, 2005. On Dec. 8, I contaced Minivacations and paid the balance of $1549.00. When I asked the representative when I would receive my tickets, she said approx two weeks before sailing.

I am due to depart on March 12, 2006 and I have not received my tickets, nor do I believe that I ever will. I have tried to contact the company for several days and phones are busy, or not being picked up at all. The email I used to confirm payment is not deliverable any longer.

I also tried to contact the attorney agent for the corporation, but he will not take my calls because he said he does not represent Minivacations, Inc. regarding this matter. Obviously, I was not his first call!

I have called Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines and they have no record of our names on the ship we were told we were on. I suppose Minivacations took our money and never booked our cabin.

Kristina
Wellington, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2006 06:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mini-Vacations-Inc-Aka-MVI-Marketing/Tampa-Florida-33619/Mini-Vacations-Inc-Aka-MVI-Marketing-Closed-their-doors-Took-our-204900-and-are-now-179026. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mini Vacations, Inc. Aka MVI Marketing

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Kristina contacts numbers where you might find help

AUTHOR: Brenda - (U.S.A.)

Since Grand Incentives has taken over the MVI 800 #'s try this approach:

I spoke to someone today at Grand Incentives by the name of Alex and found out that their cruise expert is Doug Mock, backed up by someone named Alaya. They can be reached at 888-269-0182. The owner is Jose Martinez and his number is: 941 552 7885 X1477
Who knows, this maybe one of the accounts Grand Incentives is cherry picking and they might help you.

Might I suggest that you speak to Investigator Craig Allen from the Florida Department of Agriculture on 863 519 8476. He is leading an investigation into this abuse and I am sure would want to hear your story.

I must tell you that I have had a fascinating time researching these folks today. Between Google and calling their office, (where the employees seem more than willing to place all the blame on Mini Vacations, but are stymied when it comes to really helping anyone) I have gleaned a ton of info. Check the other posts for other contacts, maybe if you keep calling around the squeaky wheel just might get the oil.

Good Luck