assured

• Submitted: Tue, October 29, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, April 03, 2003

• Reported By:Albuquerque NM
Mini Vacations Inc. - Angel Fire Resort Timeshare
410 Ware Blvd. Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Mini Vacations Inc. Angel Fire Resort Timeshare Vacation Ripoff Tampa Florida *UPDATE ..Mini Vacations contacts Rip-off Report to give a full Refund or replacement certificates to any unsatisfied customer.. even when it's not their responsibility, New Mexico

*Consumer Comment: Just wanted to second this

*Consumer Comment: Outsider Opinion - FIRE SALLY!!!!!!

*Consumer Comment: SALLY, I DRAW MY CONCLUSION FROM EXPERIENCE

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: YOU KNOW EVERYTHING

*Consumer Comment: Sally, I really hate to burst YOUR bubble, but...

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: THEY DO FULFILL ALL VACATIONS

In 4/02 I was sent an offer by Angel Fire Resort in Norhtern New Mexico indicating I could get a free trip to Las Vegas if I listened to a timeshare presentation. My wife and I went up and we were given the name of MVI to claim our free vacation that allegedly included airfare and lodging. However, the "free" trip required a $100 deposit that was refunded once we completed our trip.

MVI needed 3 months advance notice for scheduling the trip and we chose 10/31/02. We sent in our request in Early May but did not hear back from them until some time in September and they said the dates were not available. Thinking this was a ripoff, we sent MVI a letter on 8/31/02 asking for our $100 deposit back.

To this day, I have not heard from them and after researching MVI on the net, it looks like this company is a ripoff. All the letters we received from MVI did not include their phone number or a contact person and this just added to my opinion that this was one big ripoff.

Jeff
Albuquerque, New Mexico

NOTE: Rip-off Report launched a complete investigation on this particular situation and found that Mini Vacations had no control over promises another company makes when marketing their vacation coupons. Even though Mini Vacations is not responsible for another company's actions, they have been giving FULL refunds to anyone who has contacted them, and has even given more than they should have in the name of good customer service
Pease read the link below

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2002 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mini-Vacations-Inc-Angel-Fire-Resort-Timeshare/Tampa-Florida-33619/Mini-Vacations-Inc-Angel-Fire-Resort-Timeshare-Vacation-Ripoff-Tampa-Florida-UPDATE-Mi-33746. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mini Vacations Inc. - Angel Fire Resort Timeshare

Just wanted to second this

AUTHOR: T - (U.S.A.)

I agree with this 100%. They took 4 months to send me a letter stating that I could get a refund. I sent that in 2 months ago when I received it, but I have yet to receive my money. This whole operation is deceitful because they told us that it wasn't a timeshare, but when we got there, it was a whole different story.

Thanks

Outsider Opinion - FIRE SALLY!!!!!!

AUTHOR: CJ - (U.S.A.)

I was searching for info on MVI because I was interested in putting this program in place as an incentive for customers as well as employees.

The claims definitely threw up red flags, but the unprofessional manner in which Sally responds was the clincher.

Any customer centric company would fire her.

I will not subject my clients or employees to this type of abuse.

SALLY, I DRAW MY CONCLUSION FROM EXPERIENCE

AUTHOR: Sherri - ()

Not just my own, but that of others around me. Obviously, you did not comprehend what I posted. I HAD NO PROBLEM PAYING THE TAXES ON THE TRIP.

Almost every legitimate contest/sweepstakes or whatever discloses "taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner." The problem I ran into as well as others I know is that we STILL didn't get the trips we "won" for the various BS excuses.

Their excuse was to me, "it didn't get to us on time." Newsflash: They cashed my check a full ten days before the deadline. I DID get a refund after kicking, screaming and stamping my feet for four months. After submitting proof that they DID receive my money in more than ample time, did I get my "prize"? Nope, but I did receive a coupon for $100 off any future vacation package purchased from them and I still get telemarketing calls.

If I had bought a timeshare, I am sure that there would have been no problem. Personally, I would never buy a timeshare as there is no tax benefit whatsoever, and I personally like to have control over when I take my vacations.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

YOU KNOW EVERYTHING

AUTHOR: SALLY - ()

SHERRI, IT SEEM THAT YOU KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THE TRIPS OR AT LEAST IN YOUR MIND!!!! THE PROBLEM IS THAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU WANT A FREE TRIP AND DON'T WANT TO COMPLY WITH THE TERMS & CONDITIONS. PLEASE DO NOT BLAME YOUR MVI B/C YOU PEOPLE CAN READ, I ASSUME AND IF YOU DID READ THE CERT BEFORE YOU ACCEPTED THE TRIP YOU WOULD NOT BE CRYING ABOUT IT NOW. WANT A TRIP ON YOUR TERMS, PULL OUT YOUR CREDIT CARD AND RIDE OUT.

BUSTED THE BUBBLE AGAIN!!!!! SALLY

Sally, I really hate to burst YOUR bubble, but...

AUTHOR: Sherri - ()

the truth of the matter is that a large portion of couples who attend timeshare presentations on the premise of "winning a free Las Vegas vacation" to NOT get the promised trip if they DON'T buy. There are numerous other companies that give the same pitch. The experience I have had (as well as two of my brothers-in-law, my sister, our friends) is that you send in the "deposit" for taxes or whatever, and one of two things usually happens: (1) It supposedly never gets there or (2) It supposedly gets there past the deadline and thus the "prize" is forfeited. You may send it in that very second you receive it and you may have 30 days to get it from San Francisco to Los Angeles, but lo and behold, it never arrives or arrives late. What is even more miraculous is that you end up on all sorts of mail marketing/telemarketing lists and gets tons of calls trying to SELL vacation packages.

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

THEY DO FULFILL ALL VACATIONS

AUTHOR: SALLY - ()

I WORKED IN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPT.FOR AIR & LAND PRIOR TO MOVNG TO SC TWO PLUS YEARS AGO. THEY DO FULFILL ALL VACATIONS, THESE TRIPS ARE FREE EXCEPT FOR TAXES AND SOME PEOPLE HAVE HAD TO PROVIDE ALTERNATE DATE(S) OF TRAVEL BUT THEY DO GET THEIR FREE TRIP, 2 ROUND TRIP AIRLINE TICKETS AND TWO NIGHTS IN HOTEL, FREE EXCEPT FOR TAXES!!

WHAT EXACTALLY DO YOU PEOPLE WANT? I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT FOR AS MANY NASTY REPORTS THAT YOU SEE HERE THEY HAVE TWICE THAT IN HAPPY CUSTOMERS. YOU ONLY EVER HEAR ABOUT THE BAD, NEVER THE GOOD.

GIVE THESE PEOPLE A LITTLE CREDIT, THEY DO NOT KEEP CUSTOMERS MONEY EITHER, THE MONEY IS TOTALLY REFUNDABLE.

BE PATIENT, THE TRIP IS FREE. THEY ARE A GOOD COMPANY FROM THE GROUND UP, IF I EVER RELOCATE TO FL. I'LL BE THERE FIRST THING FOR A JOB.

THANKS FOR LISTENING AND SORRY TO BURST MANY BUBBLES!!!