Complaint Review: Mini Vacations, Inc -- MVI Marketing

• Submitted: Fri, February 03, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, February 03, 2006

• Reported By:Gilbert Arizona
Mini Vacations, Inc -- MVI Marketing
13504 Cragmont Drive, Suite 200 Tampa, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 941-552-2000
  • Web:
  • Category: Cruises

Mini Vacations, Inc -- MVI Marketing ripoff Take my Money and Run No one will even talk to me? Tampa Florida

This is the email letter I sent to everyone I could get email addresses for at Mini Vacations...

I am a very upset customer. I feel like I feel like if I am suppose to be a very important component of your company why have I been treated so wrong? Let me explain

December 2004 my husband received a gift certificate from Mini Vacations for a discounted cruise as a gift for graduation. April 2005 we sent off the gift certificate for our welcome package. We received our welcome package soon after. On November 1, 2005 we booked our cruise for March 27-30 out of LA. We used our Debit Card for a $649.00 transaction. On February 1, 2005 we called to check on it-was informed that we were not going to go. I was told that I am to receive a refund in four to six weeks? But the young lady did not quite make any sense and could not guarantee my refund in that time. Also she argued with me about speaking to her manager. In instances like these I would suppose you would train your team to make the customer feel ok. That is not how I feel. Right now I do not believe I am going to get my money back from your company without having to get a lot of legal help. Which I will do. You have had my money for over 90 days and you still keep it? I wanted to talk to someone other than a representative and they told me to contact a Pat Flynn at 941-552-2000.Pat has not returned my call. I stayed on hold for him from 12:30pm-3:00pm and was treated very rudely by the receptionist the entire time. At 3:00 my time it was 5:00pm their time so they hung up on me after that long wait and turned the phones to a message saying that they would be closed Monday January 31(which makes no sense). February 2nd I again started to hold for Mr. Flynn at 8:00am and at 9:30am I was transferred to a Dan Watson or Walters who listened to me and told me he would personally see that Pat get the information and I would be put on a VIP list and contacted ASAP. I have not heard from anyone and I do not even know if I am getting a refund or not. I called back and held for four hours and never once was transferred to a real person. At 3:00pm again I was hung up on and now they switched there lines to being closed. Today is February 3, 2006 and I am on hold right now still for Pat Flynn and will continue to hold until I speak to someone. I feel like I deserve that at the least! I have filled it as fraud with my bank and they also have launched an investigation. I feel really bad for people who are still booking with you. Your phone lines get so backed up in the reservations department, that I am under the impression that this happening to everyone. If they just gave me my money back I would be fine, but they want to hold on to it for another month?

Now please explain to me why no one has contacted me even though I have taken every step to be contacted and why no one will even pick up the phone to let me know what is going on with my money?

As of today I have not heard a word from them :( You know what makes this worse? My husband and I have worked really hard to be able to do nice things and this was the first time we planned out a vacation for just the two of us. We had it paid for 6 months before the vacation. We thought we were doing the right thing. But now it will be even harder to book with anyone knowing something fraud like this might happen.

Kira
Gilbert, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2006 10:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mini-Vacations-Inc-MVI-Marketing/Tampa-Florida-33619/Mini-Vacations-Inc-MVI-Marketing-ripoff-Take-my-Money-and-Run-No-one-will-even-talk-to-174592. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mini Vacations, Inc -- MVI Marketing